Making jewelry

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

wild4flowers

Making jewelry

Post by wild4flowers »

Does anyone make jewelry? Beading? I have started a few pieces for resale, and searched the web, and bought a couple of how to books. Does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice, or anything else?
We have a few craft stores around here. Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and even Wal Mart has some supplies. As well as e-bay.
My sons girlfriend has been doing this for about 4 years, and makes some beautiful stuff. So I do get some advice from her.

Thanks, CHAR
whitewater176

Post by whitewater176 »

have made a few pieces for myself mostly earrrings find it very soothing but dont really have many tips,except enjoy and be creative.

THE MRS.WHITE
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Careful...it's an easy "bug" to catch!

My daughter and I have done several craft shows selling what we have made! I have a show coming up in a few weeks that will have some "Red Hat Ladies" there, so I've been busy making tons of purple and red earrings!

DD moved to Portland in July but I HAVE to keep making things to use up all my beads! The absolutely best place we've found to purchase is called "Beads Galore" in Phoenix. (sister lives near there) Hobby Lobby often has great bead-making sales (50%)..Michaels too. There seem to be quite a few bead shops around here.

Her favorites are mostly stone and silver...I do that too, but love using seed beads.

Here's a few of the very first ones I made;
http://community.webshots.com/album/61155797UmpXyI

My life is very busy...it's a great way to relax!....p
impatience

Post by impatience »

What beautiful work you do p! I especially like the amethyst one-I always pick the amethyst.

Your photos and layout are quite creative (and lovely) too. You have a great talent. Makes me want to try.
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

P, those are just breath taking! Thanks for sharing also.
New Topic Post Reply