Why are people so mean?

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Zack

Why are people so mean?

Post by Zack »

Just got word that the studio, south (Where GNL & I lived) was vandalized, broken into, etc. Now I have to go back and pick up some more parts of the puzzle. :( :( :(
I'm sure that the art materials were not taken, since that is another way of communication, not understood by most. So far this is the worst Christmas that I can remember. GNL was my "Christmas Gift" and now the "stupid" takes over. GNL taught us everything that we are now. Why did she have to go? :-? :-? :-? We will never know what was spinning in that briliant mind. Perhaps someday she will be able to explain it all to me.
Zack (a name given to me by the tatoo palor, nothing to do with the grandson, but I will change this, 2006, to CGlenn.
"Montani semper liberi"-SOS-Live Earth
janet

Post by janet »

So sorry to hear of the break-in, Zack. I'll never understand people who ruin things just because they can. :roll: Life can seem so incredibly unfair at times, can't it? But don't let them dim your determination to get your studio and new venture up and running. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the damage isn't too bad and that this is just a minor set-back on the road to a soaring success!

(Christmas is a hard time for many of us out here, so don't feel that you're alone in that respect, okay? :???: )
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Glen, I'm so sorry to hear about that. I never will understand the kind of mind that can do something like that. Around here we had an incident where a 13 year old destroyed a whole section of a cemetery, knocked over and smashed headstones to the tune of over $70,000 damage.
It's extra hard for you to bear this loss, especially at this time of year.
I wished you a blessed Christmas in my PM, and I still wish that for you. May you find some thing today that gives you a moment of joy. Janet is right, there are many of us out here who struggle with our loss, and the holidays are especially difficult. You are not alone.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

I am very sorry to hear of the break in. I will never understand the criminal mind either. Christmas is the one time that has extreme highs and lows. You will be in my thoughts and I will hope that the damage was not too bad.

Stay in touch with your friends here at Hallson's, they truly want the best for you.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

I hope they have only stolen a few things,or lived there for a while, even if that can be hard enough. What I do not hope is they have smashed everything... I do not understand that sort of vandalism at all.
Pia .. hoping for the best
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Zack

Break In

Post by Zack »

Well it wasn't as bad as it could have been, I guess. The items that were taken are on the police report, and I was ask not to tell anyone about the items. I repaired the front door, replaced locks and had to return here for work. When I arrived back home, I received a call to assist with the Mine Disaster. I have been there, back and forth for three days now. I am a volunteer with the red cross and can report that in all my disaster work, this was the one that hit my heart. I too worked in the mines and my father survived an explosion in 1972. I still realize today how lucky we were to see the sky again. My brother also survived a flood on the section where he worked. This story has not ended. There were 145 more miners and families that worked at that mines. In a small rural area, this causes another disaster on their economy. I pondered on my journeys, back and forth, how many more of these senerios exist. Who ever heard of Sago mines owned by ICG? I just want to turn off the TV and get back to painting my hostas, I have a big show coming up in March.
CGlenn
"Montani semper liberi"-SOS-Live Earth
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Glen,
Glad you are okay. Thank you for what you do as a volunteer with the Red Cross. I was just devistated to hear the miners did not make it. So very sad for the families and kids. Something like this makes some of our problems seem trivial at times.
Ginger
New Topic Post Reply