Any experience in photographing crafts?

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Snow

Post by Snow »

Very nice!
~*Snow*~
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

So after playing around all day with these pics, I came up with some creative images. I guess I just had too much time on my hands.
CHAR
Attachments
creative jewelry pics 100.jpg
creative jewelry pics 091a.JPG
creative jewelry pics 060a.JPG
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

more.....
Attachments
creative jewelry pics 158.JPG
creative jewelry pics 133.JPG
creative jewelry pics 120a.JPG
Snow

Post by Snow »

There you go! Those look great!
~*Snow*~
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

They do look great! Love the jewelry :D

You might PM Vintagedude. He is a photographer and he may be able to give you even more suggestions!

Ginger
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

They're imaginative and you did great.

One suggestion though. The background of the tablecloth takes away from the first ones. And the ones with the same colors as the sticks and leaves blends in too much. Maybe if you had a solid color behind them?

Love the hand ones! :) Your're getting there!

And I especially love your handiwork! Beatiful jewelry!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Char,

Check out this light box... very simple to make and cost effective. DH built me one in an hour last weekend but I've been dealing with new computer issues :evil: and probably won't have a chance to try it out until this weekend. :(

http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

Lovely, lovely jewelry by the way!! :P I really like some of the last pictures, the hand with the jewelry and the hat. I do agree that they need to have plain backgrounds.
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

great site for the lightbox. I have copied the instructions and will see if DH can handle this project. If not, then I will.
Thanks a lot.
I knew the busy background wasn't right, but I wanted the lighting to be good too. I'll just keep plugging away. CHAR
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

The framework is completed for the lightbox. DH did that for me, in a short amount of time. Good for him, considering he isn't usually too handy. Now its my turn to practice with the light and shooting. Thanks. CHAR
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Hi Char!

Don't know if you checked out the pics I took a few years ago when I first started making jewelry.....

http://community.webshots.com/album/61155797UmpXyI

I tried to put the necklaces in surroundings with matching or contrasting colors. Actually, most were taken on a footstool in my living room! I realized I had to be a little careful about highlighting the jewelry, not the other items!

Your pics look good....and the jewelry is beautiful!....p :wink:
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

Ohhh, what great pics, petal pusher. I just love the composition and colors. You did a great job with pics and jewelry making. Thanks for your input. CHAR
Snow

Post by Snow »

Such lovely things, ladies :wink:
~*Snow*~
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Char....

Where are you selling your jewelry? I have found that wearing them myself is my best advertisement! Another idea is to go to your local "Staples" and get some card stock for business cards. It's pretty inexpensive and they can easily be made on your computer. If someone asks, I give 'em a card! It is not my intent to actually go into full time "jewelry-making"; I just find myself buying....and buying....and BUYING beautiful beads frequently and know I have to make them into something!! :D

My daughter also makes necklaces. She can get away with wearing 2 or 3 at a time! Her job has a lot of customer contact and she does very well like that. Also, a few women have contacted her to string their own beads....mostly antique that they have collected.

One more thing....if you make a pair of matching earrings.....they will sell along with the necklace! Earrings are very quick to make and sell quickly.

Good luck!.......p :wink:
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

Good points. My sons girlfriend makes jewelry and sells at craft shows. Which is how I got interested last fall. I did go to several craft shows with my table set up. But since I'm not a jewelry wearer out and about, I may have to try that. I do have some business cards that I made for the Farmers Market and I put them right on the table, so that part is covered. And the tip abut earrings and bracelets is reallly a good one, since people always ask about matching parts to the necklace.
I have been checking the craft shows coming for this next season and debating my options. That may keep me busy. CHAR
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Just a couple tips I've been using: In a pinch an old lamp shade can be used in place of a lightbox to soften the brightness of multiple incandescent lamps. To diffuse the hot spot glare from flash, I tape a piece of translucent plastic baggie over the flash unit.
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
New Topic Post Reply