Digital Scrapbooking

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

PeggyC

Digital Scrapbooking

Post by PeggyC »

Something new I'm trying. I tried regular scrapbooking before but I'm just not a scissors, glue and paper kinda girl. :wink: The scrapbook has been put away unfinished for six years now. But the digital really interests me. Meet our little lady, Jayden! :P

"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, those are adorable pictures Peg!!! She is a doll!!

Me either on the scrapebooking stuff....It's big here with my one neice, and she is good at it....Not me....:lol:
impatience

Post by impatience »

Peg, is this a program you purchased?

I can see why you would try again with such adorable subject for your scrapbook!
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

I didn't do these with a program... I use photoshop. Some of the women use Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop Elements and some are using regular scrapbook programs.

There are many free kits on the internet.

Check out:

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com

http://www.pagesoftheheart.net/

http://scrapbook-bytes.com/

http://twopeasinabucket.com/digitalKits.asp

I think I'm addicted!! :o :lol: :lol:
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

What a dollbaby! I've been eyeing the digital scrapbooking too. Do you print out the pages or is the entire scrapbook kept online?
~*Snow*~
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Snow, I just started digital scrapbooking last week. I so much enjoy anything digital and this is going to be a good niche for me.

The pictures above are of our friend's baby (an oops at age 40 :lol: ) and I took pictures of her two weekends ago. I know mom has a scrapbook for her baby (paper) so I threw these digital pages together for her. She loved them and has requested all of them printed.

My next project: a 24 x 36 poster for DH for his office at work. This may or may not work out, but I wanted to combine digital scrapbooking with a collage and this is my start:

Its all subject to change but I needed to put something together. Its such a big project and feels overwhelming :o but I think if I just work in small sections to start and just get the pictures added, I can add more elements down the road and also move pictures and elements around to make it eye appealing later. :wink: So if this works out and looks okay, I will be printing it also.

Finally, I want to do a scrapbook for my daughter for her school years. I will be printing it, probably in an 8 x 8 size, as a birthday gift for her.

I was reading in some of the digital scrapbook forums that some of the people never print their layouts and simply have them stored digitially for sharing and viewing. So I think its whatever you want.

PeggyC's Hosta List
Snow

Post by Snow »

Ah ok - that's what I wondered about. That is a very cool looking page! I have always loved playing with graphics online, as well as my photos - it seems like the perfect thing for me.
~*Snow*~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow Peg, that is neat what your doing for DD......and for DH, too......

Snow, your graphics have always been great!! You and Peg need to move closer.....I'm the type that has to be shown.....I will have to look at these links later, Peg...maybe I will be lucky and understand a little of one of them.....but I think it's going to be way over this blond head....:lol:

I will just enjoy you guys stuff!! :D
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Peg, Those are so cute. :D You are really good with this digital scrapbooking already. I love the poster project for your DH too! :cool:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

What a great idea Peg! It does seem to be right up your ally! I've never gotten a handle on photoshop. One of these days I'll have to take a class. When DD tries to show me it just doesn't sink in.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your scrapbooks! :)
New Topic Post Reply