Panda Blanket

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

patsue53

Panda Blanket

Post by patsue53 »

This is my latest crochet project. DS saw the pattern and asked me if I'd make it for his girlfriend for her birthday. It's so cute I hate to give it away but I promised. My DGS loves it so I told him I'd make him one. I'll probably change the background color to his favorite color....."Geen." He also asked for the bowtie to be "wed" :lol:
Attachments
closeuppandred.JPG
blanket2.red.JPG
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Awww...that's adorable! I can see why you're reluctant to give it away, but your DS's GF will love it!!! :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Awwww, that's really pretty! I bet it's going to look great with a wed bow!! :lol:
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Darling!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Justme

Post by Justme »

Cute, Cute, Cute. My DS's favorite color is also green. Must be a little boy thing.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Very sweet! Can you make me one too :) J/k of course, but 'wed' huh? So a green backgound and 'wed' bow, should be very pretty with the black and white panda! How long did it take to make that? I'ts been forever since I've crocheted anything! Shall I say.........a decade at least, probably 2 :(
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Jane, I worked on it off and on but it really didn't take long. The most difficult thing about it was all the different colored balls of yarn hanging off the thing. The instructions have you making several balls of each color and they're not to but cut off between rows or carried over to the other side. So every time you turn the piece you have all these balls of yarn getting tangled up. I took the grid to work and enlarged it on the copy machine so it was easier to count how many stitches before changing colors. but it really did make up pretty quickly. This one is larger than the pattern because it's intended as a baby blanket but I was making it for DS's girlfriend. I just added some more rows around and a different edging to make it more of a lap blanket.
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

This is darling Pat! I haven't crocheted for ages!
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply