Fabric Haul

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Justme

Fabric Haul

Post by Justme »

One of the local, large quilt shops has closed. They actually closed last fall, but sent out an e-mail that they were re-opening for one last day to sell out their fabric!! Fabric originally under $10 was selling for $2, over $10 for $4!!! :o 8-) :D

It was a mad house, but so fun. Everyone was well behaved. You could put you bolts of fabric on folding chairs while you looked for more. Others would look at the stacks of fabric and ask "you gettting all of that?". And make arrangements to pass off the left over bolts, shopping from others stacks. I only got 30 yards, 11 or 12 of 1 yard cuts and the rest in 2 or 3 yard cuts. I only had $65 in cash on me and it was cash only :cry: . I know there was an ATM across the street, but I do have other bills can't spend everything on fabric, esp. if it was only for stash not specific project.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I hate to hear of businesses going out of sale ,but congrats on the great haul! Sounds like it was organized and civilized chaos......that's the best kind. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Kas

Post by Kas »

Thirty yards! Ray had to get the mop to clean up my drool! Just kidding. But seriously jealous over here. That's a great way to get quality fabrics for your backing, too. I hate to pay $10/yard for the back of a quilt.

Kas

P.S. My Gunsmoke it coming up with one huge eye and four small ones! Thanks again!
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I'm sorry, too, about a business closing, but glad you were able to take advantage of the good buys. I have such a stash that I would have to live 3 or 4 lifetimes to even approach using it all! Especially since I haven't made a quilt in years.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Wow! What a nice haul for certain! :o
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Justme

Post by Justme »

Well, it didn't exactly go out of business. Kaye England (who designs fabrics) Owned three shops, One North, One West and One on the Southside. Last year she decided to retire from running the stores and concentrate on her other businesses. Employees bought the West and North stores. Don't know why but the southside store was emptyed out and closed.

But, yep, was a lot of fun. Didn't get backing fabrics, was too busy getting stash fabric for future fronts :lol: :D

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Justme

Post by Justme »

Got an E-mail stating that the before mentioned closed Quilt store was having one, positively last sale! :D 25 more yards of quilting fabric at $2 a yard. :D :D

Now I just need to get sewing.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
New Topic Post Reply