Sewing Machine HELP!!!

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Sewing Machine HELP!!!

Post by kHT »

My mom gave me her Kenmore Sensor Sew 100, model 340.1991180 and no manuals or a pressure foot attachment Help!! It embroiders!! HELP!! :???:
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

You called Sears already?
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Justme

Post by Justme »

That would be my first advice also, get ahold of Sears. Next would be a local sewing machine repair shop.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

You might want to try this site:
http://www.ucanprint.com/
They have manuals available for purchase for several sewing machine models.
Also.....people do sell them on ebay. Another place to check.
Good luck! I hope you're able to find one soon. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
kHT

Post by kHT »

Hanging my head here folks as I tried Sears and they no longer support this item and ucanprint.com doesn't carry this one either. I have tried a couple more internets sites and so far I'm batting out, this is why I tried here. I did find a machine like this on ebay but it's just the machine for sale. Thanks for everyones help as I go off into cycberspace for another day of looking.
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Do you know what the pressure foot is supposed to look like? Is it special for embroidery? Would it fit onto a standard type/sized plunger? I have several boxes of spare attachments for Kenmore machines, models unknown, but none look like the one you pictured.
My Hosta List

Margery
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Margery »

Karma, Nancy's Notions has a page with information about different types of feet. You probably have either a low shank or high shank and maybe the snap on type. There is even a list for Kenmore machines. Maybe your machine is listed? She also sells feet online once you figure out your type of foot.
https://www.nancysnotions.com/NNVia/Cus ... isting.htm
Good luck!
Margery

Post by Margery »

It looks like you need the super high shank feet. Maybe you can find some online or if you need to buy from Nancy's see below:

KENMORE (Sears)

Super High Shank Models:

340-19911

NOTE: Kenmore Super High Shank Adaptor* (KSA2) is required for all super high shank models listed above. Purchase low shank feet to work with adaptor.

* Kenmore Super High Shank Adaptor (KSA2) fits only the following low shank feet: Multicord, Edge Joining, Bias Binder, Pintuck, Wizard Feet, Roller, Teflon™, Edgestitching, Open Toe, Patchwork, and Fringe.

Creative Feet, Curve Master: Kenmore Super High Shank adaptor NOT required
Margery

Post by Margery »

I went to http://www3.sears.com/intro.shtml to check for available parts for your machine. The owners manual is unavailable but you can order a Quick Reference Guide. It might be of help? I also checked out the feet which look like snap on feet! :eek: Regrettfully they are no longer available either. The number in Nancy's was missing your last 2 digits so now I'm wondering???

For anyone needing parts for any Sears products this site is a good place to see if they are avaiable.
kHT

Post by kHT »

Margery, Thank you big time!! I now have all the information copied and will be searching for the parts that are missing. :oops: I moved the machine yesterday to find the top part lifts and where were all the Attachment Parts but several were missing and now know what I need to look for. Sears stated that they don't carry any of the parts so I'll be calling direct to see just what they do and don't have.

Mary Ann, I'm missing the parts that hold the needle in place and the attachment that holds the feet. I did find out that this is a Necchi made machine and sold under Kenmore Sensor Sew 100 Model 340.1991180. Yes it has ability to embroider, hope the photo is clear.
It's important to me to get her back up and running and I know she didn't do much sewing when my Mom had her. You should hear her hem! :lol: I got her in pieces and a car mechanic friend saw her and told me he would have her back in order in less that a few hours which he did! His wife has several sewing machines and her eyes lite up when she saw the machine, so I know she is special.

Again thank you for all your help, the garden place is always a good spot to request information! So many helpful gardeners with sewing information!
kHT

Post by kHT »

The piece that holes the feet is what is important and is missing. # 19 in the diagram and I've struck out! Mom has located the zipper foot so that piece has been found and she is still looking for the other pieces.
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Does part #19 hold the foot and the needle both? I'm looking at 5 machines, the feet and the needle are on separate spindles.
My Hosta List

kHT

Post by kHT »

Mary Ann, Look at sewing c photo you will see the thread holders above the shaft. The shaft needs the # 19 attachment to hold the feet. I had to go look at my Wards machine to locate the thread holders, I think this one you can thread 2!! Oh I wish I could find a manual!
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

well, dah! I enlarged the picture to see it better. Could you use a one part piece where the pressure foot is already attached? My camera won't take a clear picture of anything that small. I'm thinking, I'm thinking . . . . I hate when things like that aren't interchangeable.
My Hosta List

Margery

Post by Margery »

I'm also thinking that if you can't find part#19 that you could use that super high foot adaptor from Nancy's Notions with low shank feet . You should be able to find those feet used most anywhere for almost nothing. If the adaptor won't work I know that Nancy's has a very good return policy. Wishing you more good luck, I hope your Mom finds it.
kHT

Post by kHT »

Well we are in a waiting pattern to see if what Mom found is what is needed. I have been working with a rep. from Nancy's and Margery is right on the money but none of the feet will then work with the new part. The guy that fixed the machine has offered to make me a part as he knows how much it means to me to get this running. There is also a machine on ebay so that person is checking items for me.

I'm not going to let this sit! Thank you all for the great help!
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

What frustration, so close to being usable! Looks like it will be a fun machine to work on! Good Luck! And let us know when/how you get it up and running! :)

Have you thought to ask around the quilt shops to see if there are any old guys around still workiing on machines? Mom has an old guy that works on the older machine in her neighborhood and it's amazing the old parts he's kept or has in stock at him home for older machines! :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
kHT

Post by kHT »

I have great news to share. Mom sent me a box and all the parts were there but one and I can live with missing one part. This weekend I hope to have time to crank her up and start sewing. Thank you everyone for all you help!

I called the guy that did fix her and now I owe him a costume for an up coming parade.
Justme

Post by Justme »

:bd: :bd: :bd: :bd: :D

Happy Sewing!

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

:D :D YAY!! :D :D

Now we want to see pictures of what you create with your new machine!! :D
New Topic Post Reply