I'm still sewing.

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Squash Blossom

I'm still sewing.

Post by Squash Blossom »

I recently bought this fabric to make a couple of new throw pillows for my old porch swing. The more I thought about it, the better idea seemed to be to make a summer purse. I love the way it turned out.
Attachments
DSC00735 (resized).jpg
DSC00735 (resized).jpg (57.63 KiB) Viewed 3708 times
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
Kas

Post by Kas »

That is great! I really love your fabric choices. My problem is that I buy all this cool fabric and then there it sits. I am just a packrat, I guess! :lol:

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

I do love textiles, Kas.

I went to an Estate Sale last year at the home of a woman I knew in my subdivision but I'd never been inside her home. I knew she loved dogs and we'd sometimes run into each other and always talk about pets.

When I got there the house was packed with fabric, it was EVERYWHERE, just stacks and stacks of every imaginable fabric.

I bought a couple of pieces and as I checked-out, I mentioned to the women conducting the sale that I'd never had a clue Faye sewed, that she had never ever mentioned sewing.

They said she didn't even own a sewing machine, she just collected fabric. :cry: I thought that was really sad.

Ann
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

We had a post on here earlier about "fabricholics" and I admit to being one. Can't seem to pass up a good bargain on a pretty fabric. Oh...I always buy with the intention of turning it into something, but never seem to get around to it. I DO have a sewing machine, as does my DD. So one day we'll get around to playing around with our fabric stash. :lol:

And Ann...I LOVE that purse! You are certainly a lady with many talents. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

You all make me wish I could sew! Those quilts and your purse Ann are just beautiful. I love fabric too, I don't buy it cause I don't know how to do anything with it :o OH wait, I do know how to recover a chair seat! Does that count :lol:

Ginger
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

When I find fabric I can't live without but have no earthly use for, I make throw pillows. I go all out and make them as unique as I can and often will use them for gifts. People love throw pillows and table runners and they're beginner sewing projects.

Ann
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

I find that I have to stay out of fabric stores. Its an addiction, you know. If I go inside, then I always come out with fabric in hand. The last thing I sewed was curtains for my son, but that was hardly creative. The last thing I 'created' was a paperback book cover. A cat print on the outside with contrasting pockets on the inside.
And my grandson jogged my memory by bringing out a blanket I had sewn for him as an infant. CHAR
Happiness is making a bouquet of those flowers within reach ! ! !
Justme

Post by Justme »

I just got a gift certificate for Joann Fabric for a birthday present.! also have a walk in closet full of fabric for quilts. Will be adding more this weekend! :D

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
New Topic Post Reply