Pictures of Stuff I have been working on for the last year.

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Justme

Pictures of Stuff I have been working on for the last year.

Post by Justme »

Or Better late than never. I made full length pleated drapes and matching Dust ruffle for my bed. Sorry about the picute of the drapes being dark.

Walls are painted the same shade red as the print in the drapes.

Tami
Attachments
dust ruffle.JPG
dust ruffle.JPG (23.69 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
drapes.JPG
drapes.JPG (22.02 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
My Hosta List
It is always something
Justme

Post by Justme »

I made this quilt last year for my Mother's Mothers Day/Birthday present (fall in same month). It was my first bedsized quilt. And I had only made one lap sized quilt and pieced a small wall hanging size prior to getting the bright idea to make this one. The other one was easy, so how much harder could a larger one be? :lol: :eek: Amazing how we can deceive ourselves.

Tami
Attachments
Wasn't able to machine qult the motifs, so hand stitched them.
Wasn't able to machine qult the motifs, so hand stitched them.
hand stitching.JPG (40.48 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
edge detail.JPG
edge detail.JPG (38.54 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
s quilt.JPG
s quilt.JPG (50.19 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
My Hosta List
It is always something
Justme

Post by Justme »

I worked on this all winter and spring around baby quilts and the bedroom stuff. It was suppose to be easier to machine quilt a large quilt using "Cotton Theory" but I really didn't find it easier, just different.

Tami
Attachments
Close up.JPG
Close up.JPG (34.91 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
back of cotton theory quilt.JPG
back of cotton theory quilt.JPG (35.4 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
Front Cotton Theory Quilt.JPG
Front Cotton Theory Quilt.JPG (44.94 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
My Hosta List
It is always something
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

Tami, I'm so impressed with your quilting! Awesome work! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

What's the deal here? Are y'all deliberately trying to torture me? :wink: I KNOW as sewers and crafters you know what wanting to sit down and sew is like when you don't have a minute to do so!! :wink: I almost start trembling!!

These pictures are all fabulous! Y'all are very, very talented! If there was a "Green with envy" emoticon, I'd post a whole page of them!!

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
Snow

Post by Snow »

Beautiful, just beautiful. And the Cotton Theory quilt, I am coveting that one :wink:
~*Snow*~
Kas

Post by Kas »

Yes, Tami, your work is very nice! And I love the bed, too! Sounds like you did what I did in the quilt arena. I made a crib quilt for Heather (my 1st one) and then for my next quilt I made one that is 104" square. But even I wasn't brave enough to do that sawtooth border! That must have taken you forever to finish. I am pulling my hair out just thinking about it. Haven't done a Cotton Theory quilt yet. Looks like way too much fabric choosing to me. As it is, I have been known to change at least fabric choices at least nine times in a quilt. Some of them up to four times. :-? I would never get started if I had to plan two sides! :lol: :lol: It sure turned out nice, though. Thanks for sharing!

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Justme

Post by Justme »

KAS: Picking the fabrics isn't that hard. I actually had seen several of the floral ones at JoAnn when they started carrying better quality quilting fabrics. When I saw the Cotton Theory stuff (demo by Betty Cotton at a sewing convention here in Indy) I just knew it would be perfect. Just filled in the extra based on the colors of the "Theme" fabrics. Helps that is is scrappy. And Yes, it takes way too much fabric to make one, very $$$. IF I every make another one (big IF) I would use something cheeper on the back like muslin.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Just gorgeous!!All of them!! :D
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Tami....everything you've done is just awesome! You're a very talented seamstress. Wish I had the patience and the skill that you do. :wink: Beautiful work. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply