Sewing machine

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Sewing machine

Post by Annie »

Yeah, hubby got me a sewing machine for Christmas!
I have already sewn a curtain for my back door window. Hehe not real good but hey it's there.
Now all I gotta do is figure out all the settings and such!
The last time I sewed anything on a machine was waaaaay back in high school.

As for following a pattern forget it, I have no idea how! But I will learn I hope

It's a Euro-Pro. I have no idea if it's a good one or not but I like it and it's pretty :)

I've been wanting to make bedding and such for my critters. I really want to learn to sew.
We shall see LOL.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Hooray for you!! I love my sewing machines. Still have the first one I bought when I was in high school. Saved up all my babysitting money to buy a top-of-the-line Kenmore. It still works great after almost 30 years. I have another older one that I seldom use (not sure why I bought it). Then about 18 months ago I got my new baby . . . a sewing and embroidery machine. LOVE IT!!

I have enjoyed sewing since I was small. Made many of my clothes in high school and am always making curtains, pillows, and other home accessories.

Keep your hubby happy . . . I sew things for my sweetie then he doesn't mind my sewing addiction so much. I sew him parts bags for his tools, boot covers so he doesn't get sawdust down his boots and laces when he works in his woodshop, and other things that he wants.

Good Luck and have fun with your sewing adventures!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Justme

Post by Justme »

congratulations on the new machine! I got my Mom a new Kenmore for her christmas present. She had a top of the line Kenmore , 35 years ago. Gave it away 9 years ago when she had her stroke. Decided she shouldn't have done that now and wanted to start sewing again, since she has decided she is going to live for awhile.

don't know anything about Euro-pros, have seen them in stores and on Home Shopping. They look like nice machines. Kenmore are very good machines, I know several people (me included) who won't give up their old ones.

Post pictures of stuff as you get it made.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
Annie

Post by Annie »

MMMM no!

:lol: They ain't pretty :eek:
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply