Laurel Burch

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

Kas

Laurel Burch

Post by Kas »

Hey all you quilters. I just read that Laurel Burch died this past Thursday. :cry: I have to admit that I have never used any of her fabric in a quilt, but might just go out and buy some. She had osteoperosis (spell?) since she was 7 years old! :eek: At age 61, her body could not handle it any more. I read an article that said most of the bones in her body had been broken at one time or another, some more than once. So, just wanted to let you know.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
LucyGoose

Re: Laurel Burch

Post by LucyGoose »

Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Ya gotta quit doing that, you are freaking me out! :evil: I read the first post like it happened today, then I see Goosey's reply that was from today, and I look at her link and read the article, which is dated 2007 and look back to see the original post was from 2007 :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am so confused :lol: :lol:
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Ginger, I had the same reaction!! :lol:

I sew and (try to) quilt, so of course I have quite a fabric stash :roll: . But I usually don't pay a lot of attention to whose fabrics they are. So at the mention of fabric I had to go out and google Laurel Birch fabrics . . . only to find out I have seen them a lot and actually have one of her cat prints in my stash!! Cool!

It sounds like she was quite a lady who accomplished so much, despite the challenges thrown her way.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
New Topic Post Reply