Wedding quilt

Ask craft related questions, share your current projects, your dream project, or show us your talent!

Moderators: Chris_W, Soummer

fullofit

Wedding quilt

Post by fullofit »

This is my latest project. My son just got married in October, and I made this quilt for their wedding gift. The pattern is English Wedding Ring. Happy, bright colors. It is queen sized and looks great I think there are not enough handcrafted gifts given these days. CHAR
Attachments
10-3-09 English Wedding Ring.jpg
10=3-09english wedding ring.jpg
10=3-09english wedding ring.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 6892 times
CHAR (wild4flowers)
Happiness is making a bouquet
of those flowers within reach !
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: Wedding quilt

Post by kHT »

Char, that is just awesome and I bet it will be treasured for years to come. I totally agree with you on the handmade items!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Kas

Post by Kas »

Very, very nice! I hope they cherish it. So many people today don't have a clue when it comes to appreciating the time and love poured into a gift like that! It is a very happy quilt.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
janet

Post by janet »

Char, your wedding quilt is wonderful! I've not seen that block pattern before and really like it. What a very special wedding gift!
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Char, it's beautiful! I love the traditional design in the bright happy colors!!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
party_music50
USDA Zone: z5

Post by party_music50 »

That's a very "happy" quilt! I hope they love it!

Re not enough hand-crafted things anymore, I'm lucky to have a sister and nieces who are also big into hand-made/crafty things, and what's nice is that our 'crafts' don't really overlap! My sister does incredible scrapbooking things, and lots of sewing and sewn crafts. She's something of a wizard with a glue-gun too. lol! One of my nieces is a TRUE artist and potter, and another niece is into woodworking. Hand-crafted items are a big part of our gift-giving. :)
~~~ Audrey ~~~
“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good”
Dr. Seuss :)
New Topic Post Reply