O.C.'s 05 Lilium

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

OC, that is very pretty!

Debbie

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Thanks, 2 more pots to do

Post by oldcoot »

I do plan to do some more late planting next year. Will try to get some that bloom even later. This Old Coot loves having LATE blooms............John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

That Lady Alice

Post by oldcoot »

What a real surprise this was. Had never planted it before (01 May) and what a bloomer it is going to be. Beautiful WHITE and Oranged center blooms. Has a lot more pods, and hope to post one of the whole lilium when they
bloom.. Thank you Chris.

The usually FUNNY and always most FRIENDLY Old Coot named John, a Gardener for the Lord, saying thank YOU LORD for his good friends that share and for the nice rain that has made all our plants grow so well this year

(Works better when you attach the pictures..)
Attachments
Alice-1.jpg
Lilium-Miss Alice-OC.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Very Pretty OC! Love those mixtures of colors! VERY different!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh Coot!! That first one is so clear of a picture!! I love that Lily, too!! Does it hang down? That's pretty cool! You got that from Chris huh? :hmm: I'll have to see what all he has when I go there is a few weeks...

Thanks Coot!!! :D
oldcoot

Sure did !

Post by oldcoot »

Chris has it listed under Hybrids. And yes the blooms hang down. I had to prop them up to take their picture...(Looks like they DID get my Camera fixed. Has worked right well lately. Hope it keeps it up and maybe O.C. can get some sharp pictures of some fall leaves)...I asked CHris yesterday (I maybe going to order some more) and he said there would be one, but he has put a lot of stuff on sale already. Got 20% off on Daylilies, if you need any more.. Better check with him on what all, cause this Old Coot forgets more than one thing at a time.

Thank you for liking my pictures..Makes gthis old Coot fell SO GOOD..

John, that Old COot.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Thank you for the great pictures John!!! It makes me so happy to see all those lilies blooming. You sure are taking good care of them :D
oldcoot

Thanks Chris

Post by oldcoot »

AND you KNOW, this Old Coot named John, WILL be adding some more......John
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Coot! I was wondering if you were laying down on your back to get those beautiful shots! :lol: I think those have to be one of the best you have done!!
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Oh my! :o Miss Alice is gorgeous!!! :cool: Great pics OC.

Do you think you'll have some of those left three weeks from now Chris? :-? DH's vacation was approved!

:beer:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
oldcoot

Another Lilium Bloomed today TOM POUNCE

Post by oldcoot »

O.C saw Friday that it was about to bust at the seems, and sure enough during the night last night it opened up. Still no rain and it really is getting dry again . Lot of pods on MISS ALICE and TOM POUNCE are drying up before they ca bloom. Keep them wanted but it isn't the same as the MAN upstairs.

O.C. believes that this Lilium was the hardest one to photogbraph he has ever had. It is absolutely beautifull. Purple around all the edges like an Iris, wuth Lemon Greenish yellow veins in the center. With out the purple, it would look an lot like TIME OUT. O.C. was hoping to wait until tomorrow to get the other bloom in the picture, but as the leaves were already curling, he went ahead and did the best he could. IT IS NOT as phoitographic a Lilium as Miss ALice, but O.C. will definitely KEEP it on his deck in a new pot for next year....

The usually FUNNY and always most FRIENDLY Old Coot named John, a Gardner for the Lord, saying thank YOU LORD for his all good friends that share and for the nice rain that has made all our plants grow so well this year
Attachments
Tom Pounce -Sat-PM CU - O.C.jpg
Tom Pounce-Friday AM.jpg
oldcoot

2 old friends revisited. (Long)

Post by oldcoot »

Sure don't look like the one's I posted earlier, but they were drying up so fast, I cut the two Tarragona, and 2 of the Lady ALice and brought them into the house

I took the Tarragonea back out today while Photographing Mr. Tom to show you the terrific blooms, and full trumpet look...Miss Alice is just about gone, but in this pictures you can see how she really hangs down.

AND NO, Lucy I was not lying down. I had permission to go out on the deck, by my self (JUST NOT IN THE YARD- and O.C. was a good boy. ). If he had lain down, he couldn't have gotten up, and he would have had to calll "J O Y" and since she was taking a nap, NO WAY was he going to WAKE HER UP...

He actually tied the Miss ALice bloom up on to the the stake with a bread tie. Make terrrific plant tiies. So do garbage bag ties, if O.C can get to them before his dear sweet loving wife uses them. Shjot on an eve level..slightly up.

Sorry for the long post, but O.C. was in his "long-Post" mood tonight..

That Old COot named John
Attachments
Double View Tarragona.jpg
Twin-Miss Alice.jpg
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Lovely OC! :) Now be good and let Mrs. OC rest when she needs. She needs to stay healthy to keep you in line :lol:

I had a Tom P. last year and accidently murdered it :( Felt so bad cause it was gorgeous! Your's are delightful!
oldcoot

Thanks, It is really pretty

Post by oldcoot »

Just came in, Sunday 1:00PM, and had Richard, my BIL, move them over to a part of the deck thagt is mostly shaded by a bay window most of the day. I c -erced him, feed him dinner, to bring the Infernal Garden Ipliment, the HOSE, up on the deck and water all of my plangts for me. I've got some four o'c locks in a pot out there, that I don't think are going to make it Right now it is 92* with a heat index of 108. O.C . did not dare go out, so my BIL kindly did that for me. He's just as sweet as his sisterf, whom O.c loves dearly and definitely WILL TAKE CARE OF. She's the best frined O.C. has.

The TP has opened several more blooms today and if I can save them tonich, may I can get a GROUP photo tomorrow
before it get too hot.

How did you kill you TP ? Not NICE....!

Thagt Old Cooot named John
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

OC, those are lovely!!

Debbie

wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

I hate to admit what I did OC :( I forgot to plant it and it was left in a pot all winter :( Not good in Mid-michigan :(
oldcoot

Reckon not

Post by oldcoot »

Our winters are not that bad. Usually the last two weeks of January, and the first two or three of February. Unfortunately after the "SPING THAWS" and thing start to pop up, we CAN, and did this spring, get a killing frost as late as the last of April. It is our summer that is so brutal. We have so much humidly, but very litle rain in late July or August (those real "Dog-Days") if we go out, we have to go out early. It's 12:20, the temp is 92* and the Heat Index is 112*. I watered at 8:00 this morning and it was already 89*, sure didn't stay out long.

It is mild enough here in the winter, I can leave all my Lilies grown on the deck in big tubs on the deck. Do mulch the tops good. I don't even have to lift Cannas, or Elephant Ears....Not too shabby...........

That Old Coot named John
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Yes, dd in N.C. tells me the same thing :( Makes me jealous :) Ya' Lucky dog :)
oldcoot

A baked Tom Pounce

Post by oldcoot »

Moving the TP's into the shade was too late, the sun had bleached out or faded the purple. When I first posted, O.C. noted that the center reminded him a lot of TIME OUT.. THis picture of the faded TP show why he said that. The yellow actually is a lot more green than that, but fill flash changed the color, and not enough light NOT to use it....

John, an Old Coot that loves his Liliums.............That he has raised for the Good Lord and for his friends...
Attachments
Heat Baked-TP.jpg
bobbo

Post by bobbo »

I just looked at one of mine today and wondered what it was, It's Tom Pounce! Beautiful! Thanks for the pic, I needed to jog my memory. :D
New Topic Post Reply