My Calla Lillies

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

Rebekah

My Calla Lillies

Post by Rebekah »

I took some pictures this morning of my late blooming Calla Lillies.

I've only been a fan of these flowers for a short while.
I purchased 'online' a 1KG box full of tubers ranging in size from 5cm to just wee pea sized ones.

I planted them in Feb and they've since sprouted and are even flowering.

I have these growing in pots because I will be moving some time this year (fingers crossed) and I'd love to take them with me.

I do know most of the flowers names, except for the creamy white one thats coming up. It has a black middle.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Rebekah!!

Those are very pretty! Thanks for sharing them.....Always wondered if they are good for here.....In posts, they might be....

Thanks again!! :D
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

:cool: Those are so pretty Rebekah! :D Thanks for sharing them.

LucyGoose, They are not hardy for us and must be dug up in the fall like dahlias, caladiums and begonias. I used to have a pink one. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C. says they do well in

Post by oldcoot »

Zone 7b. His come back every year without "lifting". Beautiful Lilies there Rebkah. O.C. loves to see those Arrow Heads pointing out where they are.

Rebeckah, did you say you were MOVING. Getting off the farm ? WHY...

That FUNNY & VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, saying he is SO GLAD that Spring is finally here.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

Yes, maybe moving..... only onto a large scale dairyfarm with my man.

He owns he 800 acre Friesian dairy farm just down the road from here.

I noticed this morning that in another pot I put out in the vegie garden to get watered has started flowering - its a baby yellow coloured one. Will take a picture of it later on, as I now have to go and inject some stock.
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
oldcoot

Does that mean you are GETTING Married ??

Post by oldcoot »

If you are CONGRATULATIONS. If not, SORRY this senile Old Coot didn't understand...

That FUNNY & VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, saying he is SO GLAD that Spring is finally here.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Rebekah

Post by Rebekah »

This one here at the bottom is actually supposed to be a peachy/pink/ fading to yellow coloured lilly, but because it didn't get the sunlight to create the colouring, it has been turned yellow.
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
oldcoot

Those are really Beautiful

Post by oldcoot »

O.C. really LIKES Callas. He WILL plant some if it ever quits raining and stays warn for over 2 days at the time...

New Topic Post Reply