O.C.'s 05 Lilium

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Went EARLY to water this morning

Post by oldcoot »

And O.C.'s SHOW WINNER had bloomed, and was just that. WIll post later today when it has been edited...

John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

B ut first let O.C. pick you brains

Post by oldcoot »

He needs to add to his. These are growing on top of his Liliums in pots on his deck. Are they seeds, and if so how does he harvest them ? If not what in the world ARE they..

That Curious Old C oot........
Attachments
Lilium Tops-OC.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

And now the WINNER IS !!!!

Post by oldcoot »

Chris's bonus to the Old Coot for ordering early THIS spring. Planted 01 May and BLOOMING TODAY.

None other than SHOW WINNER.............

Please enjoy this Old COot named John's good fortune....
Attachments
SW-Clump-OC (2).jpg
SW-Double-OC.jpg
Show Winner single-OC.jpg
oldcoot

Since this is the last of the season for OC

Post by oldcoot »

Had to show you the progession over the week of our SHOW WINNER..........

Looking for more Liliums next year and some more pretty ones,That usually FUNNY and always most FRIENDLY Old Coot named John, a Gardener for the Lord, saying thank YOU LORD for his good friends that share and for the nice rain that has made all our Flowers grow so well this year
Attachments
SW-Clump-OC (2).jpg
Show Winnwe Pods-Wed-OC.jpg
Show Winnerf-Pods-OC.jpg
nomowhill

Post by nomowhill »

OC, I loved looking at your lilies. Next year I will have many more. I fell in love with many of yours.

Thanks for sharing!
Bobbi
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I know what you mean, Bobbi....I love the Coots lily pictures! And now, when I see them, I think of him! Can't wait for next year!! Hey Coot....IS IT SPRING YET?? :lol:
oldcoot

No Lucy not yet. Haven't started the count down yet

Post by oldcoot »

But it IS starting DOWN UNDER, and OC is sure enjoying seeing all the Tulips, Daffodills and Crocus blooming down there this year. My friend Ralph sent me a picture of the Azalea in his front yard by the porch that is in FULL
BLOOM. Eat my heart out.....I'll see if he will let me post some here for you guys......John
oldcoot

Well OC 's Lilium Season is now officially over.

Post by oldcoot »

He had his yard helper move a lot of the Lilioums from the deck, including the Tom Pounce out into a shadier spot in the back yard. He had ALL of his other Liliums re-poted in a mixture of Black Cow and puje milled compost. Has kept them water all fall because of 80* weather. Calling for 83* today.

Planted a lot of other spring bulb like Crocus, Tulips, Daffodills and other "stuff" Got some new Calla Lilies (thank Miss K) so should have lots of pretty bloomsto take pictures of next year. I DO intend to get some more from Chris next spring that I lost last year in the heat. No Lucy, it not yet spring, but OC is ready when if does come. OC saw on P.Allen Smith the other day that Liliums were safe down to -25* and that they are stored over the winter in chillers.The Asiatic and Oriental Bulbs you see on sale in the fall, so cheap in print Catalogs, are actually last years bulbs grown for the florist trade, and that did not sell this year.

That Old Coot, named John saying Thank you Lord, for all the beautiful Liliums YOU shared with him, so he could share them with his Hallson Family.

OC READY FOR SPRING, when it is time............John
eyesoftexas
USDA Zone: 76233

Post by eyesoftexas »

The Muscadet and LaReve are just beautiful OC.
"eyes"

The Dream Lives On....Image
New Topic Post Reply