OC's 06 Liliums

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Another of Chris's Beauties

Post by oldcoot »

Planted April one and bloomed mid June....Not bad..A really very striking Lilium. With it's shinny hard red covering....OC
Attachments
Black Jack -1.jpg
Black Jack -1.jpg (47.11 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
Black Jack Pods 06.jpg
Black Jack Pods 06.jpg (40.97 KiB) Viewed 4912 times
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

2 more Black Jack Shots

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Jus had to post the rest of them !! OC
Attachments
Black Jac k - 2.jpg
Black Jac k - 2.jpg (34.6 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
Blak Jack CU.jpg
Blak Jack CU.jpg (44.42 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

Not one of Chris's but still Pretty

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D This is a Turks Cap WHite (don't know it's name-was bought in an assortment with the Yellow Ones) It too started out as a flate White, but it sure didn't take long to put up it's recurved form...OC
Attachments
White TC Recurved.jpg
White TC Recurved.jpg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 4910 times
White Turks Cap starting Recurve -2..jpg
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Those are beauties, OC, thanks for posting! :P :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
oldcoot

Today some one on another forum

Post by oldcoot »

ID it as a White Tiger Lilium.

Found out the name of the White Turks cap OC posted yesterday. It is actually a Tiger Lilium named Sweet Surrender. Got the name form a member on
another board that recognized it..OC
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

John, the pictures on page 2 are out of this world!!!! when I clicked on Multiple Yellow Asiatic picture, that was beautiful!! ALL of them are good.....And your Black Jack looks just like this one I bought yesterday while getting pine bark nuggets......it's called Monte Negro Lily.....it is a Asiatic one....but it's very dark.....It caught my eye from a ways a way....

Thanks for sharing the picture's Coot!! I enjoyed looking!!
oldcoot

Lucy, that's another named for it

Post by oldcoot »

and He hopes you does as good as his...

Another pretty Lilium that is in full bloom for OC is this Golden Stargazer.
It is an Oriental planted last fall....Enjoy -
Attachments
Group Shot - Gold Starz.jpg
Group Shot - Gold Starz.jpg (46.96 KiB) Viewed 4876 times
Close up - Gold Gaz.jpg
Close up - Gold Gaz.jpg (34.51 KiB) Viewed 4876 times
oldcoot

Anohr new for OC this year

Post by oldcoot »

is Asiatic New Wave. Got it from Chris in April and it is blooming great. Will move it out into the yard with some others this fall. Needs to be in the shade. It is actually chalk white. Picked up the pink tint in editing..Did used a Polorazier on this one.
Attachments
Group New Wave Liliums.jpg
Group New Wave Liliums.jpg (44.31 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
oldcoot

Asiatic Lilium Aphrodite

Post by oldcoot »

Another Lilium that the heat got to before OC could take it's picture....92-95** for a week and no rain, OC can't water like the good Lord does, just ain't the same. This Lilium, the Asiatic Aphrodite will be planted in the yard in more shade this fall.....OC
Attachments
06 Lilium Aphrodite.jpg
06 Lilium Aphrodite.jpg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 4865 times
Lilium Aphrodite Single.jpg
Lilium Aphrodite Single.jpg (44.29 KiB) Viewed 4865 times
oldcoot

Species Lilium

Post by oldcoot »

This Lilium was planted outsided our sun room and staked early because it was getting tall This week had to double stake it. It is higher that OC's head. ALMOST couldn't reach up to take the picture. The name on the packing slip said:

LANCIFOLIUM (formerly Tigerinum ) Diploid

It has a lot of blooms. Have several other that have not yet bloomed, but have pods. We GOT a RAIN last night - THANK YOU LORD- maybe they will bloom too.....

Enjoy.....OC grinning with pride
Attachments
Species Lilium 06-23-06.jpg
Species Lilium 06-23-06.jpg (36.13 KiB) Viewed 4859 times
oldcoot

More of Chris's Liliums planted April 1

Post by oldcoot »

Two more beautiful Liliums Chris sent me this spring. The double Lilium Fata Morganna as it opens, and a Liliums classic Sphnix Enjoy sayeth O C - more to come next week...
Attachments
Lilium Sphinx - 06-23-06.jpg
Lilium Sphinx - 06-23-06.jpg (29.37 KiB) Viewed 4850 times
Fatah Morganna (double) Opening..jpg
Fatah Morganna (double) Opening..jpg (50.9 KiB) Viewed 4850 times
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

They are all just gorgeous, OC! I especially loved the orange trumpet one and the centerfold. You certainly have a slew of beautiful lilies! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot

Thd good Lord HAS been good to OC this summer

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D as he ALWAYS is. After OC's Iris were such a failure this year, he was really worried about his Liliums.But then Every time time it seem the heat would get them,the good Lord watered them for OC, and HE does a so much better job than OC does. Had a woderful rain, Friday night and again Sunday almost all day ...Liliums on the deck wih pods ready to open are now bursting at the seems. They haver turned really green and have grown taller with thicker stems. Thanks yoiu Lord for all your many blessings. OC being in an especially THANKFUL mood today.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Wonderful pics, OC. I have the citronella lily, have had it for 8 or 9 years or so. It comes back every year, though it does not increase like my asiatics do. I have the orange trumpet, too, and it's really hard to even describe the color of that one. Every pic I've seen of it shows it more orange than it really is. Thanks for sharing the bounty God has blessed you with.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

You sure do have a lot of gorgeous lilies John! :cool: :cool: :cool: Thanks for sharing them with us. :D I'll be sure to check back again for the next beautiful batch. :wink:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
oldcoot

Thanks everybody

Post by oldcoot »

:-? :-? :-? You embaress this Old Coot. But God has been gracious to him this summer, and the rain HE sent us last week-end had OC's deck ablaze with glory this Morning. More pictures as soon as OC can edit them ...John
oldcoot

Purple Calla Lily

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D :D It give OC GHREAT pleasure to post this purple Calla Lily. It was a birthday prfesent that year from one ofv our members, Karma_happy_toes. (I hope that that is right, but you know OC's mind) Made a beauiful Stem with lots of folliage and a beautiful Purple Bloom.

That Old Coot named John saying thank you for the Gift.
Attachments
Purple Calla Lily -2 .jpg
Purple Calla Lily -2 .jpg (33.27 KiB) Viewed 4784 times
06-Purple Calla Lily.jpg
06-Purple Calla Lily.jpg (33.82 KiB) Viewed 4784 times
oldcoot

Lancifolium Stem FUll bloom

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D earlier OC posted, a single Lancifoilim Blloom (Species) Here is a picture of the whole stem in bloom....

ENjoy OC
Attachments
06 Lancifolium Group.jpg
06 Lancifolium Group.jpg (38.15 KiB) Viewed 4780 times
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Both beautiful! :cool: Love that purple Calla Lily! 8-) What a lovely birthday gift. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
oldcoot

OT Lilium Tarragona

Post by oldcoot »

Got this one from Chris last year in April, bloomed beautifully. Replanted in the fall, and this year is outdoing its self. Lots of blooms all over the stems. Enjoy-- OC with a BIG SMILE
Attachments
Lilium OT- Tarragona - CU.jpg
Lilium OT- Tarragona - CU.jpg (42.81 KiB) Viewed 4771 times
63 Tarragona - 3 - Opening.jpg
63 Tarragona - 3 - Opening.jpg (50.54 KiB) Viewed 4771 times
New Topic Post Reply