OC's 06 Liliums

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Gorgeous pics, OC! I'll be checking out all of Chris and Brian's stock when I head up there for the Hallson Gathering next month. :wink: :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Sure can't go wrong with ANY of them !!

Post by oldcoot »

They are ALL beautiful and are good repeaters..........OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

Second stem Bloom

Post by oldcoot »

Two always beautiful Liliums.....Leslie Woodriff and Lady Alice 2nd stem blooms................OC
Attachments
Leslie Woodriff 07-06 (2).jpg
Lady Alice 07-16-06.jpg
Lady Alice 07-16-06.jpg (40.96 KiB) Viewed 5246 times
Last edited by oldcoot on May 12, 2007 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Just gorgeous! I think I am putting "Lady Alice" on my want list for sure & "Leslie Woodruff was already on my to get list.John, how many years does it take them to second branch? That is one reason I want them.
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
oldcoot

They were both planted April 1, this year.

Post by oldcoot »

Can't wait to see them out in the yard with more room and a little more shade.....OC
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Beautiful, John!!! :cool: I love the coloring on the oriental lilum after the rain. :D Lady Alice looks like a real stunner. 8-)
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
oldcoot

They both are !!

Post by oldcoot »

And thank you for likeing them....OC
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Beautiful! I keep forgetting to check this post, b/c it's gotten so long! :D Love your pretties!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
oldcoot

Last of the Line

Post by oldcoot »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: It had to come sometime and today is the day. These are the last two Liliums OC has that he has not posted. He sincerely from the bottom of his heart wants to thank each and every one of you for your gracious reception to them. OC knows that the Good Lord is also pleased that you liked his handiwork So you tell HIM, along with OC, thank YOU LORD.............

They are A a Starfighter Lilium growing in the back yard..

And a Peruvian Lily that OC has no Idea how it ended up in his Daylily Bed. Sure hopes it come back. Never seen it bloom before. The foliage looks like the Amaryllis plant and he DID plant some of those back there several years ago..

But OC is sure glad it closed out the season for him.

And .....Please enjoy OC a Gardner for the Lord.
Attachments
Starfighter Yard.jpg
Starfighter Yard.jpg (47.14 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
Peruvian Lily -.jpg
Peruvian Lily -.jpg (40.23 KiB) Viewed 5202 times
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

That Peruvian is gorgeous OC! :o WoW!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I love the Peruvian Lily. :cool: I got Starfighter this year but the rabbits nipped off the tops. I'll have to wait until next year for blooms. Thank you for sharing all of your beauties, John and thank the good Lord for blessing you with such a green thumb. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
oldcoot

Thanks Everybody

Post by oldcoot »

:-? :-? :-? You embarass OC with all the praise (but he loves it) The green thumb came from his Mother and took a long time to develope, and the Good Lord furished the blooms for a very successfull Flower season....THANKS John
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I have really enjoyed and been inspired by your beautiful lilies. I thank you & the good Lord for sharing with us!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
oldcoot

Another of Chris's Lilium

Post by oldcoot »

:-? :-? :-? Don't knows the name but it came from Dixie Christy on another forum. Christy asked OC where he got all the pretty Liliums he was posting pictures of. He, of Course, told her Hallson's She placed an order in July, OC thinks, immediately planted them when they arrived and now they are BLOOMING.....

DiXie sent me this picture this morning.......Said I could post it to the forum.....

A very pleased OC ........Thank you Chris.
Attachments
lilly (3).jpg
lilly (3).jpg (16.32 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

OC your lilies are gorgeous!!

Debbie

oldcoot

Lasst Lilium of the Season

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D While not a true Lilium it is clasified as a Lily.
This is the Red Lycoris, better known as the spider Lily..OC had forgotten he had even planted any until they showed up in a pot on his deck receently. It is a beautifulk shade of red and no editing, except cropping was needed.

Enjoy another of God's pretty Lilies..............OC
Attachments
Red Lycoris.jpg
Red Lycoris.jpg (40 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
oldcoot

Well OC's Lilium Seasn has now been closed out.

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Got Danny to moved a FEW Oriental Liliums and a couple of Species Lilums into the new bed yesterday. If they grow well ,OC will put the new ones he gets from Chris out there next spring and if he has any help NEXT fall, he will finish moving the rest of all his Liliums out there. Really interested to see if the shade is too much for them

OC with a great big smile..................
New Topic Post Reply