Casa Blanca & Arena

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Casa Blanca & Arena

Post by Pandora »

Casa Blanca was given to me by a friend who has since moved to Florida. We used to share our garden favorites.

Arena I just bought this year as bulbs and am very impressed with the growth.

I wish I could bottle the fragrance! Especially CB,,,, hey, I never noticed that is/was my friend's initials too.
Attachments
Arena  single
Arena single
Arena  group
Arena group
Casa Blanca
Casa Blanca
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

They are both gorgeous! :cool:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Just beautiful...I have always loved Casablanca but your Arena is amazing. Love it. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

What beautiful Liliums

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D OC loves Casa Blanca. Glad you posted the Arena. Got it is an assortment and didn't know what it was. Is is an Oriental or Asiatic. Would like to tag my bulbs for next year.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Pat, Paul, & OC, thanks for the comments.

OC, it is an Oriental.

I am getting hooked on these lilies and might just have to buy bigger quantities next year.
oldcoot

Then that is where OC got it

Post by oldcoot »

:eek: :eek: :eek: He ordered an assortment of Orientals last fall late and this must have been one of them...Thanks for telling me what it's name was...OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I have ordered Arena, Regale and African Queen. All I could afford but am supposed to get some no names from Hapygdnr for postage. I can't wait to see what I'll have next summer!! I am so hooked . :oops:

Claduia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Very beautiful!

I definitely need to add those to my garden for next year....

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
oldcoot

Doesn't take long

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Does it ?? OC has been growing them for about 10 years (ever since he moved into the new house). Has some Tangos coming in this fall (Chris didn't have these). Thery have Black Centers and White or other colored Blooms. They were originally developed in the Checz Republic , imported to Denmark by a Hybridizer that OC knows on another group, picked up by the Duch who offered them in the fall Catalogs. OC sure hope they are as pretty for real as they were in the Catalog. Youc can bet you will see them next summer whether they are or not. OC can't wait to see what Chris will has for us next spring. His Liliums really do really well planted by April or May. One of OC's friends on another nature forum planted hers around July 4th and they just bloomed.......OC with as smile, saying already "Come on Spring".
New Topic Post Reply