New Lilies soon?

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

New Lilies soon?

Post by nanny_56 »

Will Chris be listing any new lily bulb selections for spring purchase?

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Actually, Claudia, I've been working on it for 3 days now and just posted it. How's that for timing! Go to the lily page and hit your refresh button and you will see the updated selection.

We are importing a lot of new lilies this year so I hope you like the new selection. :)

http://www.perennialnursery.com/plantinfo/lilium.html
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o I'm in trouble!
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Don't feel bad LG. I have shopped here, another online nursery and an order form for another filled out to mail!! :eek: :lol:

Gee Chris, that's kind of eerie, huh?
Got Triumphator!!

Claudia :P
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I wouldn't feel so bad, Claudia......but ask Pat.....I am sooooo out of room...:lol: But hey....I will squeeze these bulbs in.....:lol:

I only ordered 5 kinds......10 bulbs.... :P
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Thanks to our Miss Lucy

Post by oldcoot »

OC learned this morning that the list was up (how's that for the grapevine) and he just placed a big order for the new bulbs. He already had Tango Dot.com and Tango Cappuccino, but ordered some of each of the rest. Terrific addition to your list Chris ! THANKSSSSS !!! Adding all the other Liliums he ordered, he just placed an order for 33 new Liliums and the Hostas "Dancing in the rain" and "New Enterprise) Plan to add some more Hostas this fall

AND THANK YOU CHRIS FOR THE 10% discount for ordering early !!!!!!!

A most appreciative Old COot. Thanks for your great sevice and GREAT prices.........
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Well, I HAD to add 4 more to my order,

Showwinner- for Tori
Casa Blanca
Montezuma
Sweet Kiss -for Hayly

Bad, bad girl!!! :lol:

But I decided to order these and not the order I was going to mail to another place. So, really, I saved money!! :P

Claudia
Claudia
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Ooohhh, some real beauties there! I'm going to have a tough time deciding. 8-)

Spill the beans, LucyGoose! You aren't allowed to just say five different ones. :P Which ones did you order?

Nice order OC! :cool: I have my eye on some of the Tangos and some of the Asiatics. I'll be looking forward to pictures. :D

Pretty ones Claudia! :cool: Casa Blanca is on my list because Siberia, which I got from Chris several years ago, only put up a little bit of green last year. Hopefully it will do better this year but if not I'll have a backup. :wink:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Boy oh boy Coot!!Some list ya got there!! :cool: Good thing for that *grapevine* huh? :wink:

Good girl Claudia!! Chris is the best!

Okay Missy Pat....Here is what I ordered... :lol:

'Cappuccino'
'Showwinner'
'Visaversa'
'Honey Bee'
'Red Dutch'
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Lucy, you did good again

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D You got yoisome reall winners there, can't wait to see your pictures.................Coot
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Pretty ones, LucyGoose! :cool:

I finally decided on Tinos, Casa Blanca and Royal Gold. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
toomanyanimals
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by toomanyanimals »

You guys really ordered some nice ones! I just know they will all bloom beautifully for you this year.

I hadn't realized Chris was selling all the dwarf asiatics and orientals. I certainly NEED several of those. :D I will be ordering a couple next spring I guess. The Tango series looks interesting too.

I THINK my Easter lily is coming back. I planted it 2 years ago after Easter. I think I saw a tiny, tiny bit of leaf last year, but this year there is definitly a lily growing in that area. Yahoo! I thought for sure it was a gonner. Is it supposed to live through our winters? Zone 5 that is.
Be not simply good; be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply