They're Coming!

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

They're Coming!

Post by nanny_56 »

Asiatics are almost all up & see the buds forming on a couple of them! Orientals all have their noses poking up through the dirt too!! Won't be long!! :P

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

RAYYYYY That what OC has been waiting to hear

Post by oldcoot »

Can't wait to see the pictures..........OC
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
akita

Banner year for lilies?

Post by akita »

The last couple of years my lilies got zapped by a late frost, so I'm really hoping this will be a banner year for them here. In fact, I think I may have to divide this bed!
Attachments
lilies_May2007.jpg
lilies_May2007.jpg (40.16 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

DO post pictures

Post by oldcoot »

:-? :-? :-? as you can see from the ones I just posted, mine are a disaster this year. Freeze killed 80% of them back. Had been so warm they were really putting up. Will unpot this fall and replant in the Yard. Guess we won't know until next year how many we DID lose altogether.

Of the ones hat survived most of the pod they are putting out are deformed and the ones that do bloom are extreme small and bear no resemblance to the ones in that pot last year.

OC not very happy with his Liliums THIS YEAR
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

You just can't argue with mother nature!! Shouldn't be too many that are a total loss though. Something to look forward to next year!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
New Topic Post Reply