More 07 Lilium Photo's

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

More 07 Lilium Photo's

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Things are beginning to happen to God's Liliums on OC's Deck and out in the new bed. Still have no clue as to if they will bloom or not, but good to see some growth.
This one was planted mid April, had a slow start, but is moving along great....

A very happy OC this morning............
Attachments
IMG_4431.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

Saw a Calla Lily out in the front yard

Post by oldcoot »

While Cleaning up this morning. it had been buried under some weeds and apparently misses the freeze. My purple on on the deck got ht really hard, had point our ev everywhere. Looked like a hosta...Points all died back but have come back strong and has some pretty eaves........Will post a picture when it blooms
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

We'll be waiting for those blooms! :)
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
oldcoot

This is the Calla Lily I mentioned above

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Enjoy. Really nice foliage, remains to see if it blooms... OC with hope in his heart.....
Attachments
April Calla Lily Sidewalk - HRZ.jpg
oldcoot

This is the Calla Lily I mentioned above

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Enjoy. Really nice foliage, remains to see if it blooms... OC with hope in his heart.....
Attachments
Calla Lily by Sidewalk - May-10-07.jpg
Calla Lily by Sidewalk - May-10-07.jpg (30.08 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
oldcoot

Liliums on OC's Deck

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D Things are really beginning to move along on OC's Deck. Pods don't look really normal to OC, but he will impatiently wait and see.
Attachments
07 Liliums had had frozen.jpg
07 Liliums had had frozen.jpg (41.17 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
Last edited by oldcoot on May 14, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldcoot

Don't know what happened, That usually means too large

Post by oldcoot »

I'll check it out and see what is going on.....I guess the pods looked so bad, they were ashamed to be seen in public.

On another front, The Liliums OC got from Chris in Mid April are beginning to appear. I know they are his because they have tags. The others do not. The ground was so cold when OC planted them, they took a lot longer than usual to start coming up, But they are really coming up big time now. BRING ON SUMMER>....
Attachments
Lilium Planted new Bed - April -.jpg
Lilium Planted new Bed - April -.jpg (52.27 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
oldcoot

More Deck Liliums

Post by oldcoot »

Another shot on the deck.........OC saying these look a little better.
Attachments
More Deck Lilium Pods -07.jpg
More Deck Lilium Pods -07.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 4527 times
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Coot was that the calla we sent? Would you like for me to save the seedpods for ya this year so you can add more??
We have some of the white ones up and blooming and the colored ones are just poking up! It will be an interesting year this year?
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
oldcoot

No, it is on the deck.

Post by oldcoot »

This one was in the front yard by the side walk. I vaguely remember planting them there when we moved in, but haven't seen them lately. Maybe the freeze this spring woke 'em up !!!

The one you sent me is on my deck, and froze solid. The points were just coming up, turned black, and I though I had lost it. But I have keep watering the pot and lo and behold, it started putting out some pretty leaves.....Once they started coming out, and we got that big rain , they grew like gangbusters. Looks like it may have divided, so this fall, I plan to move it off the deck out into the yard where it will be a little more protected.....Thanks for asking. OC (hold seed until I see how many I have and get everything moved.......OC
oldcoot

More 07 Liliums

Post by oldcoot »

Got my Fingers crossed.
Attachments
More Deck Liliums -.jpg
More Deck Lilium Pods -07.jpg
More Deck Lilium Pods -07.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 4511 times
More April Planted Liliums -.jpg
oldcoot

Looking at all these early Lilium Sprouts

Post by oldcoot »

Makes OC want o puke, thinking about what should have been. The April Freeze killed 80% of them all the way back. It had been so warm they were really putting up. Will now unpot them this fall and replant in the Yard. Guess we won't know until next year how many we DID lose altogether.

Of the ones that did survive most of the pods they are putting out are deformed and the ones that do bloom are extremely small and bear no resemblance to the ones in that pot last year.

Best OC could do for you today.....
Attachments
Asiatic Lillium Bi-tone -dpd.jpg
07 Unknown Lilium -OC.jpg
07 Unknown Lilium -OC.jpg (42.12 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Coot!!

Those last 2 pictures, even if they are deformed, the pictures are beautifully clear!! Very Nice Coot!!

Thanks for sharing!! :D
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Yes! Any flowers & blooms right now are a great sight! My Nepeta is in bloom and a couple of Echinacea are just about there!!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
oldcoot

Thanks everybody !!

Post by oldcoot »

Wouldn't you know it ? OC is without a Camera and now has three Liliums blooming on his Deck !! This beautiful Red and Black, name long forgotten, and tag lost to the squirrels that like plastic almost as well as they do sunflower seeds, since this picture was made several weeks ago, it has put out several more blooms and you can bet OC will keep a look out for them next year. It almost looks like a tango, but they were planted out in the new bed, The poor Casablanca has bloomed, but bought tears to OC's eyes. It bloomed straight down and OC would NOT have been able to make a picture even if he DID have a Camera

Enjoy them as they are..............OC
Attachments
Deformed Casablanca Lilium - Freeze.jpg
Deformed Casablanca Lilium - Freeze.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
Unknown Red-Black Lilium - Deformed.jpg
Unknown Red-Black Lilium - Deformed.jpg (37.04 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
Lilium Trying for the Good Lord -07 (2).jpg
Lilium Trying for the Good Lord -07 (2).jpg (18.24 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
oldcoot

Joy's brother is digital now

Post by oldcoot »

(OC's old Minolta) came over Sunday for lunch and brought his Camera. He very sweetly went out on the deck to make some pictures of the Liliums OC now has blooming, and he is beginning to see a FEW. Look like late bloomers and probably had not come up before he freeze.

Enjoy his work on OC's behaf
Attachments
Lilium Deck-2-Aphroditie.jpg
Lilium - Deck -1.jpg
BB-Hosta- Ciitonella-Fatah Morgana.jpg
New Topic Post Reply