Some the rabbits didn't get...

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

Hapygdnr

Some the rabbits didn't get...

Post by Hapygdnr »

Here's a few blooming in my garden now that I managed to save from the rabbits. They are a quite a problem this year and seemed to really zero in on the lily bed :evil: .
Jeanne
Attachments
Spiderman - one of my favorites.
Spiderman - one of my favorites.
Lilium Spiderman Reduced.JPG (50.32 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
This is the only stem of this variety (of 7!!!) that I managed to save. The flower is very similar to one Claudia (nanny56) posted of Polka Dot Bikini. This one was hybridized by a man in MN who used to operate the telegraph during WWII, thus the name.
This is the only stem of this variety (of 7!!!) that I managed to save. The flower is very similar to one Claudia (nanny56) posted of Polka Dot Bikini. This one was hybridized by a man in MN who used to operate the telegraph during WWII, thus the name.
This is one that is pale yellow and when it first opens it has a peach blush to it that fades out as the flower ages.
This is one that is pale yellow and when it first opens it has a peach blush to it that fades out as the flower ages.
Lilium Daydream reduced 7.15.JPG (29.34 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Like that Spiderman!! Thanks for IDing mine for me!!!

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

The rabbits here seemed to fancy my lilies too. Those are lovely. :D Spiderman is really cool!
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

That Dots & Dashes is different! I love the background to it. Is that available to purchase? I've never heard of it before?

Glad you were able to enjoy at least some the varmits didn't get to! :( danged bunnies!

I'm so glad they stay to the clover type plants around here. Worse damage we've seen from them is girdling young trees in the worst of winters we've had.
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
akita

Post by akita »

I really like 'Dots & Dashs', too! Here's some additional information about it from the Online Lily Registry.

Parentage: Unknown

Hybridizer: H, G, N (1998) & REG (1999): R.&H.Cocker.

Description: Inside vivid yellow (12A), outside light yellow (12C); dark red (187) brushmark towards base of each petal with numerous lines of spots and dashes over 3/4 of each petal; nectaries green; pollen dark reddish orange (175C). Fls 150mm wide; petals 80 x 35mm, not ruffled, tips slightly recurved. Lvs alternate, 8Omm long. Stems 1.0m, mid green, with 6-10 fls. Midseason. (Standard: colour print supplied by registrant (WSY 0015648). The form and spelling used is deliberate.)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Gorgeous pics of those beautiful blooms! Darn those rabbits! But I suppose they must eat too and lilies must be tasty to them. :???:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply