Too Wet

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Too Wet

Post by nanny_56 »

I am sooo hoping that all the rain we have had this winter, with 1-3 inches perdicted for today & tomorrow, that all my lily bulbs have not rotted! :(
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I hear you! Today we went out and dug some channels to divert the snow melt away from the growing areas. We had a ton of snow last week, then tons of rain and all that melting snow has created ponds and puddles everywhere, with no place for the water to go since the ground is still frozen below... Tonight we are supposed to get an ice storm :roll:

If they are asiatic lilies those won't be a problem, but some of the orientals are a little more touchy. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

Chris

P.S. - not to worry anyone, I'm talking about the fall crop of lilies that I'm worried about, not this spring ;)
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I have only 1 asiatic, all the rest are orientals! I just loved my Triumphator & Casa Blanca that I got from you last year! I had planted 3 Black Beauty bulbs in the fall. Just will have to wait and see I guess. :???:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Being out here in the PNW, where we get lots of rain we try to put ours up high in the beds. Would you believe ours started poking out of the soils the last couple weeks of February? I have some up by the house that are up 4 inches already, I keep covering things up!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply