Lilies and Daylilies today

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

HostaDesigner

Lilies and Daylilies today

Post by HostaDesigner »

I few pics from today. It was the nicest weather we have had in quite a while! Testing out the new camera.

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Lilies and Daylilies today

Post by Chris_W »

Terrific pictures! What kind of camera did you get?

Also, does the orange tiger lily have a name by any chance? We found some lily bulbs growing wild here when we bought the place, I moved them out of the dense shade they were in a year ago last spring and they just opened yesterday and are identical to yours. I don't really think it is wild but maybe a remnant of a garden that was here over 100 years ago (we found an 1852 penny and a 1917 license plate here). We've also found roses and lilacs growing here.
HostaDesigner

Post by HostaDesigner »

Chris_W wrote:Terrific pictures! What kind of camera did you get?

Also, does the orange tiger lily have a name by any chance? We found some lily bulbs growing wild here when we bought the place, I moved them out of the dense shade they were in a year ago last spring and they just opened yesterday and are identical to yours. I don't really think it is wild but maybe a remnant of a garden that was here over 100 years ago (we found an 1852 penny and a 1917 license plate here). We've also found roses and lilacs growing here.
Hey Chris, thanks for the kind words! I ended up buying an Olympus E-3 with a few different lenses. Wow, what a great camera. I'm broke now, but hey, at least it's fun to shoot pictures again. :lol: Honestly I don't know of a name for this lily. I always knew it as a "tiger lily" and nothing more. I don't think this is a new hybrid. It also has the bulblets growing up and down the stem, so I'll be transplanting those all over the gardens. I love it.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Beautiful pics! :cool: Love that tiger lily. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Every year I mean to get some tiger lilies and never do. I just love them!! Great pics!

Chris, your's could be tiger lily michiganense which is native to North America.
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh man is right!! Excellent shots!! I don't have any of these either.....I think a long time ago Deb might have gave me some bulb'lets.....but I don't know what the heck I did.....don't have them now.....then Brian gave me and Joan 2 from yours Chris.....and I wrapped them in a tissue in my purse and guess what? Yep......I must have tossed them.... :evil: .....Makes me mad....

Thanks for these shots! Totally enjoyed them!! :D
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Beautiful photos!
Stephanie
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

Wow you sure beautiful Pictures, Makes that Old Cot he doesn't have any this year to show you. That Camera is a winner. OC has several friends on another nature forum he used to b e on made really sharp photos with great depth of field. Congratulations.....OC is in joy over his friends beauties.......................
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply