Lily Noses!!!

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Lily Noses!!!

Post by nanny_56 »

It was warm today that I was looking an dpoking around My to my surprise I found Triumphator has lots of noses poking up already!!

Anybody else???
Attachments
DSCF8152 (Small).jpg
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Lily Noses!!!

Post by Chris_W »

Not yet, but I've been out there checking. We will harvest bulbs any day now, but right now the frozen ground is still ice about 2 inches down. A couple areas I could get down just to the bulbs before I hit ice.

If I was seeing new growth then I would have already missed my harvest window, so I'm checking twice a day every day now :D

It is funny, but people in places like Texas and California just don't understand why I can't ship plants and lily bulbs right now. When I explain that it is too cold to dig here they argue that it doesn't matter, they can plant right now and want them immediately. I don't even think a pick axe could get those lily bulbs out of the ground today, but it won't be long :lol:
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Ours are up higher than that and we are going to see 2-6" of snow on the valley floor this weekend. We were in the high 60s today! I even have hosta eyes up!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Very exciting to see those noses poking out of the ground. It gives the rest of us hope that spring truly is just around the corner. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
New Topic Post Reply