Thank You KellieD

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Thank You KellieD

Post by kHT »

Thank You KellieD for all you great information last fall in getting these back into the ground. Not only did we
see them bloom last fall but as you can see they love where they are now!! Let the blooming begin!!
Attachments
DSC03292.JPG
DSC03295.JPG
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
kHT

Re: Thank You KellieD

Post by kHT »

Here is a photo of them opened, I'm in heaven!
Attachments
DSC03343.JPG
DSC03344.JPG
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

I just went back and re-read the post Kelli D gave you all the information in. I am finding I really like Lilies :D :D
So, did you use bone meal, or the kelp? I just planted a Asiatic dwarf called Tiny Sensation (Chris has it, although I am dumb and did not see he had it till I bought it at the local nursery!) and now I am wondering if I did it right? I dug the whole wider and a bit deeper than the pot it was in, tickled the roots and watered the heck out of it, but I did not use any fertilizer or bone meal. They have been in the ground a week. Should I add some fertalizer? They are blooming, but they look a little stressed. On the up-side, my Red Dragon that I planted last year is doing great! Started with three plants and I got two extra plants this year. They are just about through blooming though. Shoudl I also fertalize them? Any advice is appreciated!!

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
kHT

Post by kHT »

Hey Ginger, sound like you did good but I go a step further and remove the soil they are potted in due to I'm finding
some places fill them with junk. Planing them deep is great and when they started poking up out of the soil is when I
hit them with compost. Then when I see they are over a foot tall I hit them with bloom fertilizer once a week for a couple weeks
and once they bloom I just make sure they get enough water so they don't fry. I love the one we got from Chris that is red as it
usually is blooming now but I'm thinking it's getting to much shade now. I have more from the gang here that are really tall this year!!
I know that the first ones weren't burried as deep as Kellie recommended so when I go to move them I'll be doing so. Again Thank You
KellieD for sharing your informtation, I'm sure in love with lillies again!!
Attachments
DSC03416.JPG
DSC03420.JPG
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Post by oldcoot »

An y outside help is always appreciated, at least that is what that Old Coot named john believes. :D :D :D :D
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
kHT

Post by kHT »

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/karmaHappyToes/

Hey Coot, they are just starting to open and you can see more at the above link.
Attachments
20110614_16b.jpg
20110614_16b.jpg (18.11 KiB) Viewed 6402 times
20110614_28b.jpg
20110614_28b.jpg (16.77 KiB) Viewed 6402 times
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply