Polkadot Bikini

Use this forum to discuss lilies (Lilium species).

Moderator: Chris_W

nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Polkadot Bikini

Post by nanny_56 »

Has bloomed...just love this little one. It only gets 1 flower on each stem...so it is very precious!
Attachments
DSCF3096 (Small).jpg
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
pauhaus

Re: Polkadot Bikini

Post by pauhaus »

Hi Claudia,

I love that lily. I think you must be the only one to have it. I've searched the web and can't find any info on it. Do you happen to know what the story is of this lily? It's really unique.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Hi!

This is one of the lilies hybridized by Harold Hoepner.. http://www.wrls.org/about/hod.html

Sweet Lorraine is one of his also. I had another one of his called Schellenbaum...not sure if it returned this year which I am afraid it might not have. Jeanne aka Hapygdnr..not sure she is still around here on Hallson's, sent them to me. They are not available on the market. Only from people who have them and pass them on to others. I have passed some on to several people I know. I need to let mine mutiply this year. I would love to get a couple more of Schellenbaum!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Hapygdnr

Post by Hapygdnr »

Hi Claudia & Paul. I'm still around ... now & then... As this bulb matures it does have more than I flower per stem. Heres a shot of a group of mine in flower, not from this year, it will be a bit before thathappens. It is one of my favorites and I got it from Hod himself, so I guess the ones I've got are "OS". I've heard the term originator's stock used in regard to other plants. They are eyecatchers, that's for sure. My all time favorite though is another from him called Spiderman, picture below too. Jeanne
Attachments
I just love them too!
I just love them too!
Hapygdnr

Post by Hapygdnr »

Ok. I admit it's been a while since I posted. Didn't have time to go back & get that picture of Spiderman on so here it is.
Attachments
Lilium Spiderman 7.15 Edit.JPG
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Pretty!
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

Hi Jeanne,

Good to see you posting! My those are very lovely, and Spiderman is just beautiful. Must be quite an honor to have known Hod and have some of his originator stock.
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
nanny_56

Post by nanny_56 »

Oh Jeanne it is SO good to hear from you!!! :D

That is good to know about Polkadot Bikini....I will be patient and wait...I just love it. Everyone that sees it wants one!! Spiderman looks cool! I am so afraid that I have lost Schellenbaum....the color on that one just so fit into my red/orange scheme that I have in one bed. I feel like a bad lily mom! I am having lots of boytris and bud drop this spring with all the rain and the hail a couple weeks back.

Don't be a stranger now Jeanne...hope your issues with the city got worked out too!
Claudia
New Topic Post Reply