From Andi's garden...

Use this forum to discuss full shade plants and shade gardening.

Moderators: Chris_W, Robyn

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

From Andi's garden...

Post by doublemom2 »

Pictures from today:
Attachments
Hellebore Heronswood 013005.jpg
Cyclamen persicum 013005.jpg
Crocus 013005.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

And a few more... The iris surprised me when I walked out the front door today!
Attachments
Pulmonaria David Ward 013005.jpg
Pulmonaria Pink Haze 013005.jpg
Iris reticulata 013005.jpg
Andi
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

Yeah, baby!

Oh, I love this time of year. Iris reticulata is a good thing. I just got this cultivar this year. I. reticulata 'Pauline'
Attachments
pauline.JPG
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Um.. Doris? Exactly how much of 'Pauline' do you have? Don't supposed there would be enough for me to have one or two teensy weensy little bulbs, would there?

:D

Andi
Andi
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

:o You PNW folks sure are lucky to have such an early spring. At least it gives us hope knowing these beauties are from this year. Thanks! :wink:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I love that you get us ready for spring.....The pictures are beautiful!!!

Thanks, Andi & Doris!! :D
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

You're welcome everyone... but you'll hear us complaining like crazy this summer. Our snow fall is so little this year that some of the major ski areas have been closed for most of the winter, which is unheard of. If we don't get a heckuva lot of snow in the Cascade Mountains between now and March, we're going to be in big trouble come this summer.

Andi
Andi
IBOY

Post by IBOY »

Andi,
Keep an eye on your mailbox... I'm sending you a really BIG box of our snow. I'm getting sick of looking at it! This is the time of year here where you wonder if you really have a garden, it's been buried under the snow and ice for so long.
Don
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

Yes, Andi, I do have enough! I'll bring them to Brinnon!
oldcoot

Sorry for the low snowfall.

Post by oldcoot »

Man O.C sure hopes you get some snow soon. S.C. was in a severe drought from mid March when we had 90* temps ( way above average) and no rain until the hurrican season in August gave us some much needed rain. Flowers dried up the day they bloomed. WE got down so low the wells were going dry and the rivers were almost empty. We were down -12" when we FINALLY got a good rain. We have made it up over the fall and right now we are where we should be.

GOOD LUCK.............

If O.C. gets any, he'll send it your way......

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming and in just 25 more days" and counting !!!
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Andi, were you close enough to see Mt. St. Helens?(What a dumb question, of course you are.) We turned on the news just as Channel 2 started to run pictures. We were here in 1980, didn't hear it or see it go off, but we were glued to the T.V. for days . Then we drove up to see it as soon as we could get close and that was scary. I visited your Website, Andi and I loved it. Beside Hosta, I am hooked on Tricyrtis, Pulmonaria and Heuchera. There are some gorgeous Heuchera this year and I have a bunch on order. I have tons to do in the yard, As soon as I can I want to take some pictures. We have a large shade garden , but it is a work in progress.But with twins how the heck do you find time to work in your yard. We are lucky to have had such lovely weather.
Lovin' the great northwest!
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Thanks everyone... I just heard about mt. st. Helens erupting again today, I spent most of the day outside mowing our neighbor's lawn and weeding weeding weeding, so I haven't seen the news yet.

As for having twins... My girillas are wonderful and they and my DH know that if I have dirt under my fingernails, I'm in a better mood. I also work from home so I can usually tweak my schedule around the good gardening weather. Plus, no commute, no getting ready for work (I usually work in PJ's or shorts LOL!), no getting kids off to daycare, etc. That saves me at least two hours compared to when I used to work for a large aircraft manufacturer in the area :o

Andi
Andi
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

You've got it all, Andi!!How old are the twins? I spent the day out in the yard, cleaning up my flower beds, or at least starting to.I figure it is going to take awhile to get my body used to yard work. I would go at it all day, if I could, I love my yard. OUr cousins live about 300 feet up our road and she is a garden nut like I am.
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

My girls are 10-1/2... it's been quite an adventure thus far! :eek: :o :D :wink:
Andi
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Andi, you are starting into the best timwith your twins. We have 2 daughters and we enjoyed them so much when they were in their teens. And it was the same with the grandkids. Now some of the great grand kids are heading for their teens, but they are pretty much scattered. We just found out that the 11th great grand baby is due in Sept. I have a proliflic bunch. :roll:
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Thanks Rosemarie - I think my girls are pretty good kids, it's hard raising children in today's world with all of the nasty stuff that goes on. Hopefully mine will have good heads on their shoulders and be responsible!

Andi
Andi
New Topic Post Reply