Hardy Fuschia

Use this forum to discuss full shade plants and shade gardening.

Moderators: Chris_W, Robyn

LucyGoose

Hardy Fuschia

Post by LucyGoose »

I got this plant two years ago, and this year it really had done well.....It has lots of blooms.....but I never seem to get a good picture without the colors bleeding.....I have NEVER gotten a good close up of a flower.....these are okay......you get the idea of how many blooms and it's grown pretty big....

Rock-C-Peg.......How is yours?

Last edited by LucyGoose on Nov 09, 2005 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

Post by John »

Very pretty. I love Fuschia, grew some this summer in a hanging basket, a couple upright ones with some trailers.

These are hardy, Lucy? Gorgeous coloring!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks John!! :-)

Yes......It's the hardy one.....But when we bought it, they were not sure that it would do okay, and the lady wanted to know how it did.....She told us to mulch it, but I never did....It is on the south side of the house.....
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Do you know what kind it is? Looks a bit like F. magellanica, which is very hardy here for me in Zone 8.

I've been trying for years to get a good photo of the flowers, and I finally got one a while ago. These things bloom into December here, and if it's a mild winter, they just keep going and have no idea it's wintertime. I have several different ones and I LOVE THEM!

Andi
Attachments
FuchsiaHardy.jpg
Fuchsia 101305.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
PeggyC

Post by PeggyC »

:o Wow LG! I can't believe its still blooming but then we've had really warm temps this November. Mine and PeggyB's both bit the dust and didn't come back this summer... lucky you! :P
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your soul and sings it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

PeggyC's Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thank's Peg!! I remembered that PeggyB's died, and then I coudn't remember about yours....Now I remember...

Aren't they the hardest to get a picture of Andi? Makes me mad, too....I try and try, and it just bleeds....Your's is pretty, too.....I can tell it a bit different than mine....I will have to look at the tag and get back about the kind.... :D
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

That's purty TOO.

Post by oldcoot »

That's one O C doesn't have either. Really pretty...John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply