Arisaema ringens

Use this forum to discuss full shade plants and shade gardening.

Moderators: Chris_W, Robyn

hostadad

Arisaema ringens

Post by hostadad »

The bloom is so unique. I had to get into the most uncomfortable position to snap this picture.
Attachments
Picture 003.jpg
Last edited by hostadad on Apr 15, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Well, it turned out very nice. I was on my knees and elbows to take a shot of some daffs, got my sweatshirt muddy and the picture was too fuzzy to post. :evil:

My JIP are not up at all yet. and they are not striped. Very :cool:

Thanks for the post.
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Hey David - Check out the pix of my A. ringens, it looks a lot like your photo. I'm pretty sure the one you have there is A. ringens. The triphyllum bloom looks quite a bit different. You can do a Google search to see what that one looks like.

In my opinion, EVERY single arisaema is gorgeous, they are such amazing plants. I have some seedlings for you at the plant trade in May :)

Andi
Attachments
Arisaema ringens 050305.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Hey Andi (in my deepest male voice) - Um, I am really David and I'll take those arisaemas off your hands before the plant trade. Meet me the day before at dusk.

:lol: :lol:
Karyns4

Post by Karyns4 »

wow these are incedible flowers. Where do I get my hands on something like that? Probably not a local nursery find, but maybe ebay or something?

Is there are more common name these plants are referred to?

Too flippin cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Karyn - The are commonly known as jack-in-the-pulpit. There are a couple of natives to the eastern U.S., many originate from Asia. Some specialty or mail-order nurseries carry them, if you do a google search you should be able to find some.

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Karyns4

Post by Karyns4 »

Thanks Andi - I did a quick search on ebay and discovered I own a 'jack-in-the-pulpit' style vase :wink: along with the vases I was pleased to find quite a few different varieties of these plants. Im excited!! I bought my first home in December and am finally able to make it MY garden. Lot's of shade here too - so shade plants are my new best friends!!!

I think I may have had a plant similar to these before. I dug it up out of a friends yard and it would come back every winter. I thought of it as a Calla relative but now I'm thinking it was a mix between a Calla and this 'Jack-in-the-pulpit'.
New Topic Post Reply