Must be Jack in Pulpit cousins ...Arum 'Italicum'

Use this forum to discuss full shade plants and shade gardening.

Moderators: Chris_W, Robyn

Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Must be Jack in Pulpit cousins ...Arum 'Italicum'

Post by Pandora »

Not sure where to post this, it can grow from deep shade to sun. The flowers now and the berries in the fall remind me of JIPs.

Pretty cool, yes??
Attachments
P1000745rr.jpg
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

That is pretty cool looking. But it makes me laugh, because I saw those (or something very similar to that) in a restaurant one time and the plant was sitting on the ledge right by my head. To be truthful I found it distracting while I was eating. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Pretty plant! I would guess it to be in the same family too...the leaves are exactly like my Jack-in-the-Pulpit!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/377 ... 7701aAPqxQ

newtohosta...I'm sure the tropical plant that was teasing you at that restaurant was a Peace Lily! The flower (or spathe) looks just like Pandora's blossom!....p :wink:
http://www.letsgogardening.co.uk/Inform ... illies.htm
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Thanks you two. I am sure glad somebody posted after having to scrape mulch out of my knees and elbows gettting that picture. :lol:

Geeze Joan, I'll bet you can't even watch National Geographic. ((shaking my head)) :roll: :lol: You take the cake!!!

The flower you saw at the restaurant may also have been anthuriums, usually from Hawaii.

Here I thought I had cooties was why no one was responding, maybe they also had naughty thoughts.

Thanks PetalPusher.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

:roll: I can't help getting naughty thoughts when I see something like that. Plus I was with a bunch of other women who thought the same thing. :lol:
I think I need to visit this forum more often. You just never know what you'll see!! :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

I'm fairly sure that Arum is in the aroid family, along with arisaemas, arisarum, etc...

Then again... It's been a long weekend and I can't find half of my brain cells, so who knows LOL!

Happy Gardening,
Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
New Topic Post Reply