A pretty Arum Italicum

Use this forum to discuss full shade plants and shade gardening.

Moderators: Chris_W, Robyn

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

A pretty Arum Italicum

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D :D Still cold here at night. Low 20's every night, but so far get's into the mid fifties by afternoon. After it warmed up yesterday, OC rode out on his scooter, with Joy sitting on the sun porch watching and he could see grape Hyacinths putting up greenery and some Crocus also, has some good growth on the Irises He planted in containers out on the container rack...Prettiest thing he saw was some Arum Italicum really green this year and growing well. Guess all the rain gave them a good start.
Attachments
Striped Arum -HRZ.jpg
Striped Arum -HRZ.jpg (44.94 KiB) Viewed 3822 times
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I sure get a rush when I see new growth or something still green this time of year! I think to myself spring really is not that far off!!

Guess I try to be a "glass is half full" kind of person rather than half empty. Not always successful though. :roll:

Claudia :frosty:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
GiniaC

Post by GiniaC »

They are great foliage plants and are showing themselves off when everything else is dead. Have you had blooms on yours? I planted 6 small bulbs or corms (whatever they are) about three years ago. I have always had the beautiful foliage, but never a bloom yet. I'm waiting patiently to see the nice looking berries after the blooms. Any suggestions?
oldcoot

Yes, OC has

Post by oldcoot »

Have really bloomed well for me. I have a nice picture of the bloom, will see if i Can find it...OC saying thank you
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
moon

Post by moon »

Love it! I have one... a bonus I received when buying Cyclamen. :wink: And I think I'll get some more! Hmmmm.... wonder how long before they bloom?
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

Here's a picture of my Arum italicum berries peeking through Heuchera.
Attachments
arumheuchera.JPG
arumheuchera.JPG (53.76 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
moon

Post by moon »

:P Sure makes those Heuchera look bright! Love the contrast!
Primroselane

Post by Primroselane »

Very striking, I can not wait until mine does that. I keep my eye on it and it is still growing.
Lucille
oldcoot

They look so pretty in the fall

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D :D with all their pretty color !!! Nice picture too....OC with a big SMILE.........
New Topic Post Reply