Show me your Seedlings !!

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

Greg

Show me your Seedlings !!

Post by Greg »

Does anyone that started early have one worth sharing !!It's winter the snow is flying got to have a hosta fix soon :oops: ....

When is Spring going to get here !!
Greg
wzbt03

Streaked Seedlings

Post by wzbt03 »

The biggest one looks like it will be a nice streaked hosta in a couple of months.
I planted these in late October.
Attachments
hosta seedling.jpg
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

I was wondering when someone was going to start this thread! I've got some started, maybe 20 or so streaked so far, lots of nice yellows too. No pics yet, they are still only 1 leaf. Watch out for them drying out! I almost lost the whole lot, but looks like they are bouncing back, whew! If I get to the 2 leaf stage, I will start posting pics, LOL. Looks like a good year so far.
Greg

Post by Greg »

The biggest seedling is growing nicely thanks for sharing them.Looks like a fast growing plant what is the parentage ?? They don't like drying out young I try to grow with lidded containers to hold moisture then you get damp off it is a touchy game when they are young.Thanks for sharing will post some pictures when I have spoutage and some leafs looking real hard but nothing yet day 6 after planting so it should be soon hopefully !!

Happy Seed Sowing !!
Greg
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

Only one-leafers in my greenbasement so far, but they are looking healthy, and a few even look interesting! Pics later on, when they look like something besides variegated grass! Phyllis
whitewater176

Post by whitewater176 »

some of the f2 seedlings from Rods streaky mix,have 65 streakers from this one plant.
Attachments
2006 seedlings 004.jpg
MikeWI

Post by MikeWI »

I'm miles away from starting seedlings. I see my cup's o seed down on the work bench... they barely catch my eye. It is going to be an interesting year for seedlings... will prob start them sometime after xmas, maybe even ground hogs day.
Mike
Milwaukee
dmi188

Post by dmi188 »

I have a few L. Elfin Fire seedlings being neglected in the back room. No pics. The rest have to wait this year, as my DD21 is getting married in January, then I will need to be institutionalized to rest till after spring break! :lol: Ask me when my house is free of candles and tule and fuss!!
gootziecat

Post by gootziecat »

This is what I have so far. They aren't very good pictures as I took them at night with artifical lighting. The streaked and larger green ones (I have not idea why I haven't thrown the plain green ones out) are a streaked mix purchased on eBay. I'll try to get a better picture of the streaked one another time. It's light green and yellow. The smaller seedlings are Akane.

gootziecat
Attachments
nonstreaked seedlings 06.JPG
nonstreaked seedlings 06.JPG (42.74 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
Akane 06 seedlings.JPG
Akane 06 seedlings.JPG (34.86 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
streaked seedlings 06 0021 copy.JPG
wzbt03

New seedlings of interest

Post by wzbt03 »

The first picture is a streaked Ventricosa from seeds on Ebay. I got 35 seeds, 20 germinated and 2 were streaked.

The second picture is of a lone streaked Komodo Dragon that was a surprise. I know that Chinese Dragon Supreme is a streaked sport of Komodo but have not seen seedlings of this type - is it common?

Still trying to master adding these pictures. Not very good at it I am afraid.
Attachments
kdragon1.jpg
ventstreak.jpg
New Topic Post Reply