Things I'm working on

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Great work, Kent, and thanks for giving us a peek.
I like Ribbon Dancer..and ruffles? I'm all for them!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

I like the gold one top center in the seedling bed. Ribbon Dancer is obviously great, too.

For me, though, I'll keep my original Little Hobber over this hopped-up one! (It looks great again this year.)
Libby

Post by Libby »

I'm enchanted with them all, to the point of feeling light headed at the sight of so many beautiful ruffles!
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Man, Kent, I was just getting my ruffles addiction back under control a little! Put me down for 2 of anything that has ruffles!!!

(me wiping drool off the keyboard...)

Seriously, though, great, great work! I'll be watching and I hope you'll keep sharing your progress! :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
impatience

Post by impatience »

They are all wonderful-thanks for sharing your work with us. Ribbon dancer is just amazing.
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

Would love to see more of the golds as they develop. I like the one with a leaf furthest to the left in the bed, hope it keeps its folded/cupped shape.

Laura
Jaspersail

Post by Jaspersail »

They all look fantastic, Kent. I especially love Ribbon Dancer and the hot little blue one!

You are the master of the wavy gene! :D
--John
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Ditto what Libby said (as well as everyone else..lol).
"I'm enchanted with them all, to the point of feeling light headed at the sight of so many beautiful ruffles!"

Thanks for the beautiful pictures Kent!
Stephanie
malaprop

Post by malaprop »

Probably 2697 is my favorite.....I like the sheen and very strong ruffle. Would the "sheen gene" come from the pollen parent you suppose?
FreakyCola
USDA Zone: 5

Post by FreakyCola »

Hi Kent! I love ruffles and absolutely love each & every pic you shared! They are all gorgeous! Now, if you should happen to get my name in the trade this year (extra $50 to the coordinator if you give Kent my name! :wink: ) please remember how much I love them, especially that little gold ruffled one!

By the way, White Lightning is doing just fine and I've only had to take green parts out twice now. I call them Summer Lightning & it's surprising but they both look quite different. Do you ever keep the green parts? And do yours look different?
Ellen
New Topic Post Reply