seedling from Independence?

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

seedling from Independence?

Post by morgansrgr8 »

Has anybody had any luck with Independence seed? Mine might actually be setting some seed pods. We are having nice cool weather and lots of rain every couple days. Did anybody get anything interesting from the seed? I cant start seed in house so I think I need to make a nursery bed to start some of my special seeds.
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: seedling from Independence?

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Linda,

As most seeds will resemble the center coloring of the hosta you would most likely get solid dark green seedlings from Independence. Now with Revolution you might get something interesting, as it has a speckled green and white center.
morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

Re: seedling from Independence?

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I lost Revolution last year and my sister gave me a piece of hers so I wont see anything from it for awhile. I never did get it to set seed. Waiting to see if Independence is going to set seed for me. With the weather cooperating it looks good. Its setting plenty of pollen to make its own seed if the bees give it a little help.
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply