just put some seeds in peat moss

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

boops
USDA Zone: 6b

just put some seeds in peat moss

Post by boops »

Just set out two pots of Bette Davis Eye seeds, One pot of invincible and One pot of Holy Mole. lightly covered the seed with peat moss, put pots in the small sized plastic chinese food containers and put water in the containers. Covered the pots & containers with zipper plastic bags and put them under grow lights. Lets see what happens in about 2-3 weeks. I have so many seeds from Bette Davis Eyes, see had seed pods all the way from top to bottom of two flower stems, I don't know what to do with them all.
Waiting for the seed pods to die off on Plantaginea, Touch of Class, Pineapple upside down cake,,Geisha satin ripples and Halcyon. Hope I get some interesting plants.
My Hosta List

Do one thing everyday that makes you happy
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Re: just put some seeds in peat moss

Post by ViolaAnn »

If your seeds haven't yet ripened, you can cut and label the scapes and finish them off in sugar water.
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
boops
USDA Zone: 6b

Re: just put some seeds in peat moss

Post by boops »

What a great idea Ann, I have the scapes in the house labeled and in plastic cups right now. Didn't know about the sugar water idea. Will do that today. Thanks for the tip.
My Hosta List

Do one thing everyday that makes you happy
New Topic Post Reply