2 year old korean snow

Want to share and learn about Hosta hybridizing and seed starting and growing? Then this is the place. Also check out our annual seed exchange held in late fall and winter.

Moderator: redcrx

sweetee
USDA Zone: 5

2 year old korean snow

Post by sweetee »

2 year old Korean Snow seedling
2 year old Korean Snow seedling
Thanks so much for previous posts, because it answers my question. This Korean Snow seedling starts as straight, upright, arrow-like leaves, Then it opens to this. The first year it stayed more upright. This year the leaves are more wavy. I've only been doing this for two years, so I'm sure this isn't anything "special", but I like the way it starts.
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Re: 2 year old korean snow

Post by Carol O »

Missed this post last May. This Korean Snow seedling is looking very nice. I like the shape of leaves and the wave.
sweetee

Post by sweetee »

Here's an update of the Korean Snow, 3 year old seedling. I just repotted it so it looks a bit unruly compared to before. I like its blue wavy leaves.
The hosta on the left is also a 3 year old seedling from LS Hoola Hoop. Image
sweetee

Post by sweetee »

KoreanSnow11.jpg
Since repotting, my 3 year old korean snow seedling is already changing the look. The petioles are becoming whiter like Korean Snow. topped with blue wavy leaves. Can't wait to see this one grow. :)
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

Looks nice. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
sweetee

Post by sweetee »

thanks. I only have a couple of 3 year old seedlings, but they are my first attempts at hybridizing. Can't wait to have more! :D
New Topic Post Reply