My Page: Chris_W

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

My Page: Chris_W

Post by Chris_W »

Hi, I'm Chris Wilson, the moderator/administrator of these forums and one of the owners of Hallson Gardens, along with Brian Hall. (Get it? Hallson? :lol: ) My main interest is in hostas and hosta companion plants (sometimes known as shade plants ;) ) We started a gardening business in 1995 called "Perennial Planters". In 1997 we expanded to selling perennial plants a few weekends out of the summer. In 1999 we made the jump to mail order, but it wasn't until a few years later that we really got the mail order business to where it is now. The thing that makes us different from other nurseries is that we really try to let our hostas and perennials grow naturally at their own pace out in our growing areas. That usually translates into a plant that will take off or continue to grow in your garden instead of sitting there trying to make the adjustment from a pampered childhood in a controlled environment to the garden. At least that is our goal, and I think we get it right most of the time. If we don't we will take care of it.

Right now I don't have a personal hosta list put together. As we continue to plant our display gardens I hope to finally put together a listing of "my" plants.

I guess that's about it for now. Drop me a private message or an email if you ever need anything or have any questions about the forums, website, or nursery.

See you around the forums!

Chris
Attachments
Picture from 2002 (where my avatar picture came from) taken by Wanda.  Just add a red beard and that is what I look like today.
Picture from 2002 (where my avatar picture came from) taken by Wanda. Just add a red beard and that is what I look like today.
chriselatior.jpg (23.58 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Morning Chris: Recently, I had a question that I couldn't answer.
"Do you know how (Hallson's) it get started? When? "Subscribers"? Some human interest stuff? "
I was hoping you'd "type" to this and I can respond to the original question asker, Warren Pollack.
ONLY if it's O.K. that he knows...I'll just send him the URL to this link. Thanks, Later, Love, Lisa
P.S. I think it's for his AHS story.
Attachments
passion flower close up.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Chris, all your plants are just beautiful. I am so glad I found this website.
Lovin' the great northwest!
New Topic Post Reply