Wild4flowers

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

What a busy and exciring lady you must be..

Post by oldcoot »

:D :D OC used to have that kind of energy, but now at 75 and getting more feeble by the month, have to garden on MY deck. OC has one about the size of yours and has over 100 various type of Lilium planted there as well as some Iris, which he found out 2 years also do very well in five gallon buckets - 2 to the bucket. Has water run up on the deck so he can sit in his chair or use his walker to water and photograph his flowers, when they bloom. He also has a little electric scooter he was loaned by a friend, that he rides out in the yard to take pictures of his tulips which are now coming up nicely, if it will ever stop freezing every single night. As most of us on these forums are, OC is also now obsessed with Hosta. He has a lovely Rock Garden that he put a lot of new Hosta from Chris into last fall.

Beautiful Yard...........OC awaiting spring most impatiently
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
fullofit

Post by fullofit »

I'll have to start a new journal for my new forum name. I can't believe that I haven't been to this spot since Feb. Lots has happened. The job I have now is with Hospice, and so much less stressful than what I had before, I can't believe it. I'm still needed as a nurse, but on the other end of the spectrum.

However my gardens have suffered, A tad bit weedier. Not too noticible yet, because the hosta's have grown so much that there is not much room for weeds under the leaves. I did get the daylilies weeded and mulched, and one large hosta bed mulched. Now, I can't find the stone path I laid out so lovingly,,,,it is so hidden by big beautiful leaves.

I did transplant my run-of-the mill hostas to a place closer to the house. They were the ones that I had from seedlings, and chance seedlings. I had put them in front of the woodlot next door, so that I saw something pleasant out my window. But that land has been bought by someone else, and if I want to save the hostas, I had to move them. In doing this, I chopped through the underground dog fence (again). But it was fixable and the dog never new he could have been 'free' while it was being fixed.

CHAR
CHAR (wild4flowers)
Happiness is making a bouquet
of those flowers within reach !
New Topic Post Reply