Fergy Plants

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
Fergy

Fergy Plants

Post by Fergy »

These are some of my plants, they are old pictures 2003 or so. Didn't take many pictures last year, but I hope to have new ones soon. I don't notice the weeds, but my dear wife does.
Fergy

Lily

Post by Fergy »

Casablanca Oriental Lily with Coneflowers.
Attachments
casablanka a.jpg
Fergy

Veggie

Post by Fergy »

This is the veggie garden. I hope for it to be better this year. I am trying some Heirloom tomatoes.
Attachments
Veggie garden.jpg
Fergy

Cosmos

Post by Fergy »

This is my favorite Cosmos, "Red Spot" I think.
Attachments
favorite cosmos .jpg
Fergy

Day Lily

Post by Fergy »

This is my favorite Daylily. Don't know its name. Hope it spreads out quickly.
Attachments
Favorite pinkdaylily.jpg
Fergy

Opps

Post by Fergy »

This is my other favorite Daylily, don't want to leave anyone out.
Attachments
favorite yellow daylily.jpg
Fergy

Foxgloves

Post by Fergy »

These are my foxgloves. I have had them for years, and they just keep coming back (or reseeding )
Attachments
my foxglove.jpg
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Very pretty! :D I love the foxgloves. I think I know just where I need to plant a few! :D
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

I love the fox gloves, but mine never do anything........perhaps its' the bunnies topping them off too often :evil:

So what soil do they like? I've got every kind here. A sandy area, clay area and areas in the gardens with 1/2 way good loam :)

Love you pink daylily! Have to get some pink ones this year, as I just love their color! So bright :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

Very nice - love the veggie garden!! I wish my plants had that much room to sprawl out in, but I do a decent job of shoving everything into 1/2 acre. Those foxgloves are wonderfu :) I dug up one from my dad's property two years ago and let it seed, this year I should have dozens of blooms, so your photo reminds me of what I have to look forward to.

Thanks for the pix!!!
Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
Fergy

Foxgloves

Post by Fergy »

Foxgloves seem to do best if the get mourning sun only. I have tried them other places but they don't do as well.
They like lots of water ! If they like the place they are in, they will naturalize, so move them around until they are happy.
My soil is sandy.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Thanks fergy! I had them in full sun against a wall, thinking they needed support from the wind? Do they need support?
Fergy

Foxgloves

Post by Fergy »

Jane,
Nope, They never need staking, they have a very thick and strong stalk. Those get 5 to 6 feet where they are and I have never had a problem with them. (they are protected from the west wind by the fence, I wonder if that helps?)
They poduce millions of seeds you know. Is there a seed exchange forum here ?
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Lovely pics, Fergy. It looks like you have lots of room to work with! And yes...they do seed exchanges here. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

Hmmmmmm...I'll just have to try again. Maybe that was what the bunnies so enjoyed along my fence to the west last year. I had planted something from a local garden place here, and they ate it right to the ground, cna't for the life of me remember what it was now. I'm thinking it was them now!

Do they go after your young ones?
Fergy

Foxgloves

Post by Fergy »

The bunnies shouldn't be eating them, they are toxic to people and pets (digitalis, heart medicine, commonly called dig) But I don't know for sure, maybe rabits can tolerate it.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

You know? Maybe it wasn't foxglove they ate! :) Hard telling what it was that they ate to the ground.........hmm...I did find one foxglove in the ground from last year, are they perennial or bi or just reseed each year? I've always loved, just never tried them till last year. Hope I didn't pull them out........nooo..I think it was those bunnies........
Fergy

Post by Fergy »

Foxgloves are Bi, at least technically, but I have watched a couple closely for a couple of years and I swear they bloom for more than one season. If I knew how to send plants through the mail I would send you some babies, I have thousands.
Good luck.
P.S. I don't have any bunnies, but I would trade a few squirrels for one. The squirrels dig up everything.
wishiwere

Post by wishiwere »

LOL.........We've had token squirrel in 20 years here! One was run over years ago and the last spent the winter here and 2 summers, now we havne't seen him this winter! But we also quit feeding the birds in august, so that might have done it too!

I wish you knew how too, as I'd love to try some that are sure to grow. I'll have to pick some up this year and give it another try :) Thank so much for the info on them!
New Topic Post Reply