Roxanne's Member page

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
Roxanne

Roxanne's Member page

Post by Roxanne »

Hi! My name is Roxanne. I live with my husband of 22 years in a small town in Eastern Iowa.
I have a Hosta obsession, and Hallson's is a great place to visit, learn, and meet new friends.
Besides Hostas, I have over 75 different types of perennials. I stopped keeping track long ago, and some have a short life expectancy, anyway. Mt favorite sun plants are Delphiniums, Lupins, Daylillies, Phlox paniculata, and all types of Lillies.
Our front yard is all huge ancient pine trees, so that is why I started with Hostas in the first place, in 1996. I do have problems, on occasion, with root competition, but it seems to be in just two areas, so I keep an eye on them. I created new Hosta planting areas last fall, so I won't have to curb my buying for a few more years. :D
We put in a new sidewalk last year, and made it curved instead of straight. It really changed the look on that side of the house! I landscaped it last fall, so hopefully I did a good job. Time will tell---heck I can always change it! :lol:
Attachments
Sun bed.jpg
Sun & Shade bed.jpg
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Here's my list.
Attachments
s Hosta List.doc
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Last edited by Roxanne on Apr 16, 2006 10:50 am, edited 19 times in total.
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

Roxanne,

Your pictures are beautiful! They're what perennial gardens should look like!

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Ann, thanks for the nice compliment! :P
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I agree....beautiful beds!! Some people have a nature talent and eye for form and color combinations and you definitely are one of them!! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Very pretty gardens! Is that a bird feeder made out of one of those gourds?

Debbie

wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

Nice gardens, you have done a wonderful job. Be proud.

CHAR
Roxanne

Post by Roxanne »

Debbie--Yep, that is a birdhouse gourd. I have those hanging in a few locations throughout the yard. I used to paint them, but the birds were irritated by it, apparently. The painted ones would be all pecked up all around near the openings shortly after I hung them up, so I quit doing it.
Joan--thanks! It's really all about trial and error around here. :P
New Topic Post Reply