BillyB's Page

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
BillyB
USDA Zone: 6B

BillyB's Page

Post by BillyB »

Hey everyone. My name is William Brimm (BillyB) and I live in Murfreesboro, TN., about 30 miles s.e. of Nashville. I'm 47 years of age and have worked in the automotive industry for the past 18 years. Married for 22 years to a wonderful woman, Ann, who has put up with me and my obsessions with gardening and golf all these years. Both of us are Christians. We have no children (by choice), but have a sweet chocolate colored standard poodle name Moses. He's getting on up in his years, almost 15, but can still get around pretty well for his age. He's as smart as any human on this earth and has total unconditional love for Ann and me. So I guess you could say, he is our child.

Anyway, I joined Hallson's Feb. 2004. Don't really remember how I found it. And have loved every minute of it since. Have learned more from this site and the wonderful people who make it up, than any other place I can think of. I enjoy reading all the different forums and meeting all the great people who hang out here. Everyone is so helpful and eager to pass on information they have that might benefit someone else. I only grow about 35 different hosta's, but the list is still growing (see list below). Will never reach the number some of the veteran growers here have. Just don't have the room, much less the shade. I also grow about 60 different Iris's, mostly tall bearded, which I show at a local Iris show every Mother's Day. Have only won a few ribbons, but I still get a lot of pleasure out of growing our state flower. Grow several other shade perennials such as hydrangea, brunnera, lenton rose, several different ferns, and heucheras. Also starting to get a fancy torward Daylilies and would like to get a collection of Chamaecyparis together someday. Only have 3 cultivars now.

Chris has done such a great job here at Hallson's. Hats off to him and all the members here.
BillyB
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world." - John Muir
My Hosta List
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Welcome and hello, BillyB. Gotta love a guy who can say "a collection of Chamaecyparis" with a straight face :lol: Gardeners rule!
New Topic Post Reply