SHARING

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
BlueHeronRetreat

SHARING

Post by BlueHeronRetreat »

We live in S. E. Ontario. We purchased a piece of property along the St. Lawrence River 3 years ago and we have in the last 10 days purchased more land behind us. Although I am relatively new to gardening (just began 3 years ago) I have some nice perennial gardens and this year, I am attempting to create some HOSTA gardens. My husband and I love them!!! I have gone on some tours to various garden centres and private homes to check out Hosta gardens. Rachel from this forum (Cornwall) was so kind to allow me to visit her beautiful gardens and enlighten me on tips & tricks for growing, splitting, fertilizing, etc. for Hostas. I have purchased approximately 60 hostas this summer and I am wondering if there are any Canadian gardeners who when splitting their hostas would like to share some? I will pay shipping or pick up. I have joinned the secret hosta trade also!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Property along the river sounds lovely! Looks like the hosta addiction bug has bit you hard. Not a bad thing , in my opinion. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Marietta

Post by Marietta »

LOVE THE IDEA OF BEGINNING A GARDEN ALONG THE
WATER.....THE HOSTAS LOVE HAVING WATER TICKLE
THEIR ROOT ENDS. EVERYONE WILL BE GLAD TO AID
YOU IN YOUR ENDEAVOR. BEST OF LUCK MARIETTA
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

And this Old Coot says welcome !!!!!

Post by oldcoot »

Great to have you with us. You will find lots of help on here so check out ALL the forums. Great Perennial Forum also.

That Old Coot named John WELCOME...........
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply