Violet_Skies' page (Sarajane)

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
Violet_Skies

Violet_Skies' page (Sarajane)

Post by Violet_Skies »

Hi, I used to be here a lot, then got caught up in other things, but I'm still around! I grow many different hostas in containers now that I am in an apartment, and I don't know which is which anymore since they got all thrown together when we moved, but one of these days I am going to get around to matching names with faces again. I have a raised bed veggie garden that I love, and I garden organically and compost & stuff. I am fond of heirloom open pollinated varieties and do a lot of seed trading to try new things. I also grow annual flowers, different ones each season. My herb bed is worked into my flower beds. I basically just have fun and do what I feel like. I do garden art too, furniture decorative painting, container painting, even painting on rocks. Here is a picture of my and my kids and dog taken in July 2005, and a few garden pictures too.

Beets, violets, jalapenos and oregano...I like to mix things up

Moonflowers

Black Hollyhocks

Hosta blossoms and daylilies

Another daylily

Cleome and red milkweed, for the monarchs

You never know what the past will bring.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Lovely pics, Sarajane! And you and your children make a fine looking family. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Sarajane!!

Boy, your son has really gown up!! I remember his picture a long time ago when he was a little guy.....:lol: Your DD is pretty, and so are you!!

You sure do grow a lot of stuff for being in an appartment.....Must be cause you are on the bottom....Beautiful pictures and thanks for sharing them!!

Glad to see you again!! :D
Violet_Skies

Post by Violet_Skies »

Yeah, I do grow a lot, but not very much of any one thing. If only I had the room...the sky would be the limit. And now I am down to my herbs in pots indoors under lights, waiting for it to be spring again...
Violet_Skies

Post by Violet_Skies »

My gardening so far in 2006 has consisted of keeping a rosemary plant and a lavender plant alive inside under lights until spring...they're looking pretty miserable right now. Also I received a miniature rose plant in the mail from my sweet daughter for my birthday, and I'm hoping it survives on my sunny windowsill until it can be outside too. Other than that, I have a tray of 72 shallot seedlings growing under lights. So far so good, with them.
New Topic Post Reply