FLORIDAGURLS PAGE....

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
floridagurl47
USDA Zone: 8A-B

FLORIDAGURLS PAGE....

Post by floridagurl47 »

hi everyone, :D

well, ive lived in florida now 3 yrs....the first year i was here we were hit with hurricane charley, so i lost just about everything i planted, so now im slowly getting things replanted and pray that this hurricane season will be a quiet one.....i will have some things to share with ya all once your garden season starts.....this is what i have;

CANNA LILIES
CALLA LILIES
COLEUS (MAROON/PURPLE)they get tall lavender flowers
CHINESE OREGANO
SHASTA DAISIES
OLD FASHIONED HONEY SUCKLE
AMARYLIS(red)

this is what i planted last year...

YUCCAS
ROSES
OLEANDER TREE(PINK)
JASMINE TREE
2 BANANA TREES a friend sent me 2 baby starts, they are now over 5 feet tall
mexican petunia
firecracker bush
a yellow bush that i cant remember the name of....

im going to be starting a MEMORIAL GARDEN in the memory of my mom, she passed away 12/5/05, last yr was a real hard yr for me, just couldnt get myself going....carl and i are driving back up to NY in April to get the things i want of my moms....we are bringing back 2 birdbaths..1 was made by my grandfather before i was born and the other carl and i got her a few yrs ago for mothers day....id like to plant things around them like she used to do...her fav color was blue, so she had alot of blue plants and white ones....im having a hard time finding blue flowers...if anyone has anything that they would like to share, i'd love to share with you...ill pay postage or get you a plant that you are looking for....i want to make it special and what better way for it to be special than from GARDEN FRIENDS...

im looking for:
crowns of thorns
angel trumpets (daturas)
elephants ear
anything really.....

thanks everyone....

luv ya
cindy :P
I can do all things thru CHRIST which strengthen me.....
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Cindy, I'm not sure if I have anything that would work for you in your zone. I'll check my elephant ears in the spring when I repot them and see if there are any to share.
I'm glad to hear that you are finding comfort in your garden.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
floridagurl47

Post by floridagurl47 »

:P :P

thanks linda....pretty much everything works here....i do have some shade....elephant ears work wonderful here...ill have stuff to share also.....let me know when you are ready.....

luv ya
floridagurl47

More new plants coming

Post by floridagurl47 »

:D :D :D

i am getting a purple peony tree and a pink peony tree some gladiolas and a few other things, cant remember what.... :D :D

i love peonies....my mom grew them and they were gorgeous....so actually i am planting them in her memory for easter....

will update more as i get more....

bless ya all
New Topic Post Reply