Out with the old and in with the New.

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
fullofit

Out with the old and in with the New.

Post by fullofit »

Getting to this forum has been just one of the many things on my plate. But, now that I have 'retired' again, maybe I'll be more faithful. I do get in to read some of the posts, but usually don't answer. Browsing is good. I am in awe of everyone who gives so much support to each other. Especially when most of you have never met. And I have met a few of you at the annual Hallsons summer get-to-gethers. That is always a great time.
My gardens have been ignored, pretty much, for the past 1-2 years. But no more, come spring, I'll be out there, sitting on the ground again, pulling weeds. The hostas just keep getting bigger and covering the weeds.
Fortunately the gardens have reached a stage where the weeds aren't as noticible because of the fullness and maturity of the perennials.
Now, I am dealing with the inactivity of winter. And by that, I mean, "I can't get outdoors to play".
As an RN, my days have always been filled with work, and other peoples problems. Retirement 4 years ago didn't last long, and financial matters took presidence. And when I went back to work, it was to a different type of nursing. Hospice was what took me under its wing , taught me a different type of nursing, and was there to keep my mind active. It really was a joy to work in that field.
Now, I have retired again, at my husbands request, I find that the same issue that plagued me before, is back again. My mental inactivity, lack of a planned day, lack of structure seems to be pulling me down. I am trying to find something to keep my mind active, on a daily basis and am also trying to deal with my husbands chronic illness and the psychosis he seems to have developed.
I have pulled out my sewing, old quilt pieces, and projects and crafts. I have started with a 12 inch doll patten with sculptured features, but my 'get to it'ivness' is lagging. The doll body is sewed and put together, complete with feet/toes, and posable hands with individual fingers. But the poor things head isn't done yet. Sometimes I'd just rather sit in the chair and play Scrabble on my laptop.
I also am planning a renovation my the bathroom and kitchen. I have the kitchen cabinets here and ready to stain and finish. But the bathroom must come first. I'm tired of Harvest Gold. The tub(has a crack in it) and toilet and sink 'came with the house', and now must go. If it was just me, I'd tear everything apart and just deal with it, but my DH is unable to manage that type of renovation all at once. So I must do it on a slow, 'piece at at time', project.
My oldest son has a skydiving business and has asked for me to sew a banner for the jumpzone. Since I had previously sewed on nylon for a Farmers Market sign, I thought "no problem". But this ripstop nylon is stiffer and the pieces I put together are going together different. This banner is 17 feet tall and the fabric has absolutely no 'give' to it. I cannot ease the corners and angles. But now it is done and looks OK from a distance. Only I will know how much of a brain-strain it gave me. Colors are hot pink and bright green. That will certainly be seen from a distance.
Enough for now. CHAR
CHAR (wild4flowers)
Happiness is making a bouquet
of those flowers within reach !
fullofit

Michigan Upper Peninsulla

Post by fullofit »

On a fall trip this year to the UP in Michigan. There are many small water falls to see. This is Bond Falls. Gorgeous. Hugh , with many cascading water flows.
Attachments
IMG_2806aca.jpg
CHAR (wild4flowers)
Happiness is making a bouquet
of those flowers within reach !
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

Very nice photo!

Laura
New Topic Post Reply