theresay1960

Each member may create their own topic to this forum where they can then post plant lists, personal information pages, and/or photographs to share with other members. Please limit your entry to one topic per member. No selling allowed.
theresay1960
USDA Zone: 7b-8

theresay1960

Post by theresay1960 »

Hello I've been gardening for a long time but I'm not always great but keep trying. My interest are in iris,daylilys, crinum lilies, & wild flower perennials. I lived on a piece of property for over 30 years with cliche clay that although the iris & daylilys liked nothing that had to have good or great drainage would survive for long. My spouse & I moved to a place about 15 miles from the old place 6 yrs ago to get closer to where he works & we now have cliche clay with lime or chalk rock near the surface. I now have good drainage thats good news however anything sensitive to lime will not survive here. I've found Baptisia minor growing in the pasture & moved some to my flower beds ( like moveing a mid. sized shrub) & they are doing well. I love mixing wild flowers & native type plants with the rest of my collection quite a bit still in pots since the move. I'm slowly getting them into the ground. If you can't tell I love flowers that are long lived survivors thats my preference. Happy Gardening to You All!
LucyGoose

Re: theresay1960

Post by LucyGoose »

Nice to meet you!! :beer:
New Topic Post Reply