Is there a list of known infected hosta?

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

Is there a list of known infected hosta?

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I was reading a recent post of the nurseries selling infected hosta and saw that Lunacy was one sold for its pretty colors. I didn't know it was a known infected hosta. I have had that one in a pot for a few years and didn't plant it for one reason or another. Thank goodness I didn't. Could somebody post a list of known infected Hosta.
Drat that makes 3 hosta that get destroyed this week because of that virus. :evil:

Linda
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
janet

Post by janet »

Linda, the most comprehensive list that I have found is the 2005 Update at the Hosta Library. http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/HVXUpdate1.htm
Hope that helps...and hope you don't find any more of yours on the list. :o
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
mamaw2

Post by mamaw2 »

Thanks for the post. I hadn't seen this on hosta library yet. I'm sitting here looking at the list of plants and I have alot of them and I just started in 2003. Looks like I'll be watching alot of mine for a few years.
Anita
morgansrgr8

Post by morgansrgr8 »

Thankyou so much. I will check that out now!

I bookmarked it and will check back often.
I think there is one more on the list I have. Breakdance.
I have to find my current list. Sure hope its not there. If so I planted it either last year or the year before. And I never plant one at a time. :evil:
You know how it is. They keep jumping into the cart.
NOT THIS YEAR THO

Linda
Linda

My Hosta List
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Oh dear , Linda.....I think I did see Breakdance on that list, but it might not be confirmed, but suspected.
I'm sorry to hear you have some of those. :( I have the feeling that in the next several years, many , if not all of us will end up with some infected hostas in our gardens. The thought of having to destroy mine just breaks my heart, but it has to be done in order to bring the virus under control. :(
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
morgansrgr8

Post by morgansrgr8 »

Hubby called just after I dug them up and thought the dog must have died because I was upset and sounded it. LOL I bet he would be as upset if somebody stole his train collection. :o

Then I asked him if he wanted to know how much I paid for those hosta I had to destroy. :eek: :eek: He said never mind.

Linda
Linda

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply