Samples to County Extension office

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

wholyhosta

Samples to County Extension office

Post by wholyhosta »

Well, after posting this, I'm collecting my 8-10 samples to take to the CE office for delivery to the state labs tomorrow morning.
I wasn't able to submit them several weeks ago, so had to 'sit' on testing them. I expect the results in a week
or so. So far, no charge to me for testing- GA.

5-6 Gold Standard (3-5 yrs. ago from Lowe's or Home Depot)
1 Lunar Eclipse (last fall from nursery)
3-4 Blue Cadet (bareroot 'surprise' from Lowe's)

Brenda
lmcclure

Post by lmcclure »

I carried a leaf from Pandora's Box and Diana Remembered to our Co. Extension Office and they said they were ok. I am going to carry a few more of my new ones next week.
wholyhosta

Post by wholyhosta »

Hey, Mc-

When your ext.office said they were okey, was it because they were tested? What made you suspect they might be virused? My lab test results won't be back for a week at least.

If you can post good close-up photos here on this forum in the future of any you think are sick, Chris does an excellent job of dispelling folks fears (or sadly confirming them)- he unfortunately has much experience with HVX and is one of the few who is very active to stop the spread of it, and educate folks about it.

Brenda
New Topic Post Reply