Wish someone would develop a Power Point program . . .

Discuss Hosta Virus X and share pictures and information on this ever increasing threat to hosta growing.

Moderators: redcrx, Chris_W

Arlene

Wish someone would develop a Power Point program . . .

Post by Arlene »

I've been thinking I'd like to do a program on HVX for my Master Gardener's group. . . and there's a Garden Club who regularly asks me for programs . . . and our MG group does public info presentations at our county fair . . . but of course, I don't have photos, and I'm not really an expert.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Power Point program with photos and script? Then we all could help spread the word in our own little spheres of influence and contact.

It seems that out in the general public, there isn't the level of concern that there should be . . . Chris seems to be a voice crying in the wilderness. I asked a nursery owner who spoke to our MG group if he's seeing much HVX coming into his nursery this spring, and he said, "OH NO!! We aren't having a problem at all!!" Hmmm . . . made me wonder.

I'm not an expert, but I'm trying to keep up here and on the Library and learning to identify the virus . . . but I can't see myself developing a program. However, if someone would do it and make it available, I can sure see myself purchasing a CD and presenting it!

Any takers?? Or is this really a dumb idea?
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

It is something for me to think about. I only have an old version of powerpoint, though, so not sure how compatible it would be with others. Do you actually have access to a projector to show it? That's what I'm missing or I'd be putting it together already...
Dee
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Dee »

Not a dumb idea at all. Definitely something to think about. I might play around with that a bit this weekend. Problem is, I'm not the most educated person about the virus, but I can use PowerPoint. :???: Well, maybe I can work up a little something then show it to you both and you can make suggestions and such? Well, it's worth a try anyway. And if it helps get the word out, then all the better!
Arlene

Post by Arlene »

Our Master Gardener group has a laptop that's available to us -- I know other people have used it to present programs. I don't know how to use it yet, simply because I haven't had the need. Our church uses it, too, so I'm sure someone could train me. Wish I knew enough to be helpful!
New Topic Post Reply